Today is an exciting day for me, as I’m announcing the first international edition of my book, Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions.
If you’ve already learned about the book or purchased it, this post will be redundant for you! For those who haven’t read it, or are interested in the Dutch version, here’s a little information about it:
This is the first book of its kind—with tweets woven throughout.
I asked @tinybuddha followers a number of the most challenging questions in life, like:
- Why is there suffering in the world?
- What’s the meaning of life?
- What does it take to be happy?
- Why are relationships hard?
Since there are very few concrete answers to the big questions, I wanted to explore many varied perspectives to create a guide of possibilities for joy, purpose, and connection.
Although these tweets shaped the book, I also included a great deal of my own struggles, successes, and insights—far more than I’ve ever revealed on the blog. From my former battle with depression to my struggles with relationships, I shared how these questions have played out in my own life—and what I’ve learned at each step of the way.
Through this book, you’ll learn a few ideas to:
- Let go of pain from the past that’s been weighing you down and holding you back
- Create a sense of purpose, starting right now, even if you’re not doing what you want to do professionally
- Change habits that have not served you well and open up to new, better ways of being
- Experience happiness right now, regardless of your circumstances
- Improve your relationships
- Seize the moment to live more mindfully, passionately, and fearlessly
- Find a sense of control and empowerment in an uncertain world
You can find the English version of Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions here. You can find the recently released Dutch version here.