fbpx
Menu

5 days of giving.

New Reply
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robino
    Participant

I have an upcoming week long holiday next week. I’m going to head to the seaside for two days over the weekend, then when I return to the city I live in, I plan to spend Monday to Friday helping out in ways I haven’t before. I don’t plan to do anything huge or earth shattering, but lot’s of small things to make a few things better. So far I have booked in for a Blood Donation on the Tuesday and plan to make some food one of the local homeless shelters. I am looking into volunteering but I keep coming up against the need for training or requirement to sign up for an extended period of time. I am very interested in working with the elderly.

I was just wondering if anyone could share some of the small things that they do in their lives. I hope to fill the week with variety and meeting lots of different people in my local area.

I live in Bristol – England if any members are from the same area.

Ideas? Throw them in my direction.

Cheers for now,

Robin.

Chris
    Participant

Hi Robino,

One of the greatest gifts you can offer is your presence, especially to people who are lonely or who often don’t get treated well. When in a store, I make an extra effort to brighten up the cashier’s day. If somebody performs a simple service for me I give my genuine thanks and show my appreciation and respect for their work. When I see a homeless person, if I am not able to offer help I would at least look them in the eyes and smile or take a moment to talk and offer some companionship. Perhaps for you, taking time with the elderly and simply offering them your company would time well spent. You are a gift in this world. Share it!! 🙂

Janice
    Participant

Hey Robino,
    I love the idea! I love to smile at strangers. It’s so nice to give them this short moment of human connection that brings them to the present moment. The smile you’ll receive in return is one of the most gratifying gifts.
    I also used to volunteer in an old people’s home where I would visit an old lady and have conversations with her. She was lonely and loved to have someone to talk to.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please log in OR register.