UPDATE: Submissions are closed until the middle of June. Check back for updates then!
Tiny Buddha is a place for community, where people come together to share what they’ve learned and how they apply that knowledge to their daily lives.
With close to two million social media friends (on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+), Tiny Buddha reaches a large audience of motivated, passionate people.
Over the past four years, the site has grown by leaps and bounds, currently reaching close to three million monthly readers
Anyone, of any age, from any location can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere online) with a bio for inclusion on the blog. This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share themselves vulnerably and authentically.
Why Contribute to Tiny Buddha?
1. Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to close to two million friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ combined. Tiny Buddha receives more than four million page views per month.
2. The Tiny Buddha community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
3. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Tiny Buddha increases traffic and subscribers to their blog.
4. As a Tiny Buddha contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Include a quote at the top of your post, and keep your post between 800-1,500 words.
- Share a specific story from your life. Tiny Buddha is all about personal stories, as these are sometimes more powerful than advice. It’s not just about the lessons and insights; it’s also about how you came to learn them.
- Offer practical information that will help readers address similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a list of tips, but the story needs to build to a message and lessons for readers.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that isn’t gender-specific, and not related to religion, the law of attraction, productivity, starting/maintaining a blog or business, writing/publishing a book, coaching, motivational speaking, money/entrepreneurship, or parenting. I look for posts that deal with universal themes that will be relevant to the majority of readers.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that I may delete links within the posts themselves.
How to Submit:
- Send your original post in Microsoft Word, keeping paragraphs to three sentences or less. Include a bio, sixty words or less, at the bottom of the post. Please send the post in plain text, not html.
- Upload a photo of yourself at gravatar.com (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio). Also, please include in your email the email address you used for that site.
- Use the contact form to upload your post, choosing “blog submission” from the drop-down menu.
Please note that I do not accept posts sent from agents, publicists, or assistants. I like to personally connect with everyone who writes for the site!
It may be up to three weeks before you receive a response from me. I may send your post back with questions/comments to expand in parts, and I may edit it/change the title before publishing on the site.
Thank you for the light you share. I appreciate you!