I’d like to share with you these 8 reasons to order Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions today:
1. This is the first book of its kind—with tweets woven throughout.
Last year, I asked @tinybuddha followers a number of the most challenging questions in life, like:
- Why is there suffering in the world?
- What’s the meaning of life?
- What does it take to be happy?
- Why are relationships hard?
Since there are very few concrete answers to the big questions, I wanted to explore many varied perspectives to create a guide of possibilities for joy, purpose, and connection.
2. Tiny Buddha is honest, candid, and rooted in reality.
Although these tweets shaped the book, I also included a great deal of my own struggles, successes, and insights—far more than I’ve ever revealed on the blog.
From my former battle with depression to my struggles with relationships, I shared how these questions have played out in my own life—and what I’ve learned at each step of the way.
3. This book includes entirely original content.
This is not a compilation of posts from the site. Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions covers many similar themes and issues, but I was able to explore each topic far more in-depth than I can in any one blog post.
4. The book includes countless action-oriented tips that you can apply at any time to improve your state of mind.
It wouldn’t be a Tiny Buddha book without practical suggestions for healing and happiness.
5. Tiny Buddha has received wonderful advanced reviews.
Neil of 1000 Awesome Things wrote, “There's nothing tiny about the extra-large dose of awesome stuffed into Lori's writing. Read it and feel good about the world.” And according to Jonathan Fields, “Tiny Buddha is a moving and insightful synthesis of evocative stories and ancient wisdom applied to modern life. Great read!”
6. This book makes a great gift.
If you know anyone who enjoys Tiny Buddha—or who is searching for meaning and happiness in life—this book would be a great fit.
7. Through this book, you’ll learn a few ideas to:
- Let go of pain from the past that’s been weighing you down and holding you back
- Create a sense of purpose, starting right now, even if you’re not doing what you want to do professionally
- Change habits that have not served you well and open up to new, better ways of being
- Experience happiness right now, regardless of your circumstances
- Improve your relationships
- Seize the moment to live more mindfully, passionately, and fearlessly
- Find a sense of control and empowerment in an uncertain world
8. Lastly, you are a part of this book.
Even if you didn’t respond to the questions I tweeted on Twitter, you, as part of the community, shaped this book. This is an exciting time for Tiny Buddha, and your involvement played a huge role in making this possible.
Interested in seeing who I am? Check out my Wanderlust presentation, Authentic Connections in a Networked World.