Tiny Buddha is a place for community–where people come together to share what they’ve learned and how they apply that knowledge to their daily lives.
With more than 1 million social media friends (on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+), Tiny Buddha reaches a large audience of motivated, passionate people.
Over the past three years, the site has grown by leaps and bounds, now receiving more than 2.5 million page views per month.
Anyone, of any age, from any location can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere online) with a bio for inclusion on the blog. This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share themselves vulnerably and authentically.
Why Contribute to Tiny Buddha?
1. Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to more than one million friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ combined. Tiny Buddha receives more than 2.5 million page views per month.
2. The Tiny Buddha community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
3. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Tiny Buddha increases traffic and subscribers to their blog
4. As a Tiny Buddha contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Include a Tiny Buddha quote at the top of your post and keep your post between 700-1,200 words.
- Share a specific story from your life, connected to that idea. It’s far more powerful to share your own experiences and then offer related tips than it is to write about the topic theoretically, with a sense of authority or removal.
- Offer practical information that will help readers address similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a list of tips, but it needs to come back to the readers somehow.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that isn’t gender-specific, and not related to religion, the law of attraction, productivity, money, or parenting. I look for posts that deal with universal themes that will be relevant to the majority of readers. If you take a look through some of the blog archives, you’ll get a sense for the type of posts I publish.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post. Please note that I do not publish excerpts from books.
- Differentiate your post from others already on the site. Many posts cover similar ideas, and that’s perfectly okay! If you share your own story and unique reflections, this will likely be sufficient to diversify it.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that I may delete links within the posts themselves.
How to Submit:
- Send your post in Microsoft Word, keeping paragraphs to 3 sentences or less. Include a bio, 50 words or less, at the bottom of the post.
- Upload a photo of yourself at gravatar.com (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio). Also, please include in your email the email address you used for that site.
- Use the contact form to upload your post, choosing “blog submission” from the drop-down menu.
Please note that I do not accept posts sent from agents, publicists, or assistants. I like to connect directly with everyone who writes for the site!
It may be up to three weeks before you receive a response, but know that I respond to everyone who submits. If you don’t receive a response within three weeks, feel free to follow up. Sometimes emails slip through the cracks! I may send your post back with questions/comments to expand in parts, and I may edit it before publishing on the site.
Thank you for the light you share. I appreciate you!
**The next day to submit a post is Wednesday, May 22nd. I will accept posts on that one day and then set a new date based on how many I receive. If you’d like to bounce any ideas off me, you can reach me at email(AT)tinybuddha(DOT)com.*