Forum Replies Created
December 1, 2016 at 4:36 am #121663
For me, Yoga is a form of exercise for my body, mind, and soul. It’s like an antidote for the pain I feel inside.December 1, 2016 at 3:58 am #121660
You have my sympathy Libby, I feel your story and adore you for being such a strong woman.
These are my advice for you:
1. Try to forgive your family if you can but if you can’t for now then there will be a perfect timing for that. It’s better also to stay away from people who do you think might worsen your situation. Stay with those who understand you and no matter what, they will stay till the last.
2. Find sports, hobbies or something that interest you. Example fishing, or doing adventures, or playing badminton with your friends it can relieve your stress, it can help you surpassed depression.
3. Control yourself – it’s easy to tell you to control yourself but I know it’s very difficult to do but I want you to do it. No one will save you from that but you alone. This anxiety and panic attacks are created by our past experienced you have to make yourself believe that it won’t happen again. If you believe in Jesus then that would be nice, try to talk to him when you have time ask him guidance and peace of mind. You can feel it slowly that you are feeling good, in the name of Jesus Christ, there is no impossible as long as you accept him and have faith in him. Try it, there’s no harm in trying.
4. Make friends with people who can understand your situation – how? this conversation is a good start, you can find others that struggle before or with the same situation you have right now and they have successfully overcome it. There are communities out there that can help you and accept you like this website https://www.gofundme.com/ or you can find any communities that help people who have anxiety and depression. You can easily go back to your normal health condition when you make friends with them because they can relate to you, they felt it before or you can find people with worst condition than with yours so it could boost your self-esteem to forgive and move on and go back to your normal life.
Don’t forget your proper diet and regular exercise, find a way to be happy again these things can help you to move on.
December 1, 2016 at 3:17 am #121654
- This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Kate B. Forsyth.
1. Meditate – It’s simple. Sit up straight with both feet on the floor. Close your eyes. Focus your attention on reciting — out loud or silently – a positive mantra such as “I feel at peace” or “I love myself.”
2. Breathe Deeply – Close your eyes with hand on your belly. Slowly inhale through your nose, feeling the breath start in your abdomen and work its way to the top of your head
3. Be Present – Notice how the air feels on your face when you’re walking and how your feet feel hitting the ground. When you spend time in the moment and focus on your senses, you should feel less tense.
4. Reach Out – Connect with your friends, share ideas and how you feel it can make you feel better.
5. Tune In to Your Body – Mentally scan your body to get a sense of how stress affects it each day
6. Decompress – Place a warm heat wrap around your neck and shoulders for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and relax your face, neck, upper chest, and back muscles.
7. Laugh Out Loud – It lowers cortisol, your body’s stress hormone, and boosts brain chemicals called endorphins, which help your mood.
8. Crank Up the Tunes – Listening to music is a good relaxation technique
9. Get Moving – having exercise regularly can release stress and make you feel better
10. Be Grateful – Being grateful for your blessings cancels out negative thoughts and worries
Practicing relaxation techniques can reduce stress symptoms by:
– Slowing your heart rate
– Lowering blood pressure
– Slowing your breathing rate
– Reducing activity of stress hormones
– Increasing blood flow to major muscles
– Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
– Improving concentration and mood
– Lowering fatigue
– Reducing anger and frustration
– Boosting confidence to handle problems
You should do these relaxation techniques in a quiet environment and comfortable position.