Forum Replies Created
June 12, 2019 at 11:41 pm #298763
Yes, that’s what I mean.
It probably wasn’t his intention and is just how it’s played out.June 12, 2019 at 2:24 pm #298729
I have accepted the new role and am looking forward to the move. I am currently working my notice in my current position.
One thing that has happened that has made me feel indifferent is that one of my friends/colleagues has been offered the role I am vacating. A few weeks/months earlier he was encouraging me to take the leap with this new role/challenge.
It doesn’t bother me as I know I have made the decision that is best for me as I was unhappy etc as stated above. Just wanted to get this down off my chest.May 26, 2019 at 12:07 am #295719
Thanks both for all your input.May 24, 2019 at 6:46 am #295435
Yes, it would be direct contract with the company I am working for until the end of 2019. The hope is that would become permament after that.May 24, 2019 at 1:13 am #295423
Regarding savings, I don’t have a massive amount but will just have to be careful with money during this assignment.
Before I accept any offer, I will reiterate to the company that I want regular updates on how all parties feel its going and the chances of it becoming perm/extended. I do feel a lot better about the situation now I will be a direct employee of the company. That instantly makes me feel a little bit more stable. I will speak to them later today and hopefully they will give me the weekend to think before making a final call.May 23, 2019 at 11:46 pm #295413
I appreciate you coming back online to respond. The revised offer they gave me meant I would not be a contractor. I would be a direct employee of the company so would get all the company benefits etc, just on a fixed contract. The goal would be for it to become permanent at the end of this. Tax, holiday etc would be covered by the company.
I turned down the original offer because I did not want to be a contractor and have no holiday pay etc as did not feel it was beneficial to me.May 23, 2019 at 2:28 pm #295379
Yes, it’s a good sign that they have made these changes to try and get me on board.
I know it’s the fear that is making me question it. I’ve always wanted to work here and know that deep down.
The risk is there because of the length of contract but it could become perm if it goes well. I don’t have huge savings to cover the mortgage for a longtime and would have to back myself to work again if this didn’t materialise to long term.
They did previously say that we would have regular updates during the tenure about the future of the role and whether it would extend.May 23, 2019 at 11:10 am #295339
They have come back and offered me a revised offer.
I would now be a direct employee of the the company for a fixed contract until the end of the year. I would be entitled to holiday pay and all the other benefits.
The decision is now back with me and if I view it as worth the risk.
ThanksMay 23, 2019 at 12:35 am #295249
I am UK/EU based. I do not want to be a conractor but this company is somewhere I have always wanted to work so was prepared to go and proove myself and try and earn a perm position.
The rate was still higher but I do not want to set up a LTD company for 6 months. I have an accountant in the family and they advised me agaisnt doing this. I let the company know this and they are looking into other options and will feedback to me.May 22, 2019 at 2:40 am #295057
The plot thickened over the last few days. I verbally accepted the offer but then found out from the company that in order to process payment it would need to be done via an umbrella company or I set up a ltd company in my name.
I wasn’t aware of this process at all so think it may have made the decision for me.May 20, 2019 at 12:43 am #294651
I go to the gym and remain active and this helps my stress. I have a call with the company who have offered the job today and feel they will want a decision. I am still not 100% sure what is best and will have a think today and make a call.May 18, 2019 at 10:33 am #294393
I believe i would find another job if needed but I would obviously be under some pressure to do so.
I do not think I would get fired from my current position but I also don’t believe I can move forward there or expect a pay rise any time soon. It is just secure income.
The new offer is not secure income I guess and that is what it boils down to. Most family and friends have told me to go for it but I also think sensibly and think of all possible outcomes.
I guess a little bit of me is also daunted as I have been with my current role for some time and am comfortable there and know it inside, out.May 17, 2019 at 1:31 am #294219
The company offering me this role is one I know and have worked with closely in my role with my current company. It is somewhere I have always thought I would like to work there one day.
I haven’t been activley looking but this role came up so obviously intrested me.
The concern is that its 6 months and paid hourly which is throwing me as I’m use to an annual salary. I also wouldn’t get any paid holiday during this 6 months. They have said there will be regular catch-ups so I would know with notice if it was/wasn’t going to extended/made permanent. I would be better off financially after travel etc but it does feel like a risk.
I don’t want to turn it down though and end up regretting it in a few months’ time.May 16, 2019 at 12:56 pm #294157
Thanks for your measured response. All of your points are valid and why I know it feels like a good fit. I think the concern is just leaving a secure position for one that isn’t. But i know you have to take risks sometimes and this could be one of those times.May 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #294079
I actually asked for a salary increase with my last promotion and was told one wasn’t available. This has contributed to my feelings but isn’t the sole reason. Morale where I am now is fairly low throughout the office which isn’t the best environment and there has been a high turnover off staff in recent months.