“Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
- When you choose to forgive instead of seeing the world through bitter eyes, you are free.
- When learn from your mistakes instead of letting them define or cripple you, you are free.
- When you love yourself regardless of what other people think, you are free.
- When you accept uncertainty instead of stressing about what you don’t know, you are free.
- When you embrace chaos, instead of struggling for control, you are free.
- When you recognize that we are all imperfect, and then resist the urge to fight that, you are free.
- When you choose to appreciate what you have instead of lamenting what you’ve lost, you are free.
- When you plant yourself in this moment, and do what you can to make the most of it, you are free.
Photo by usadifranci.
Visit the Tiny Buddha Facebook page to read 140+ definitions for freedom.
About Lori Deschene
Lori Deschene is the founder of Tiny Buddha. She’s also the author of Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal, Tiny Buddha's Worry Journal, and Tiny Buddha's Inner Strength Journal and co-founder of Recreate Your Life Story, an online course that helps you let go of the past and live a life you love. For daily wisdom, join the Tiny Buddha list here. You can also follow Tiny Buddha on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Web |
- More Posts