fbpx
Menu

3 years BF left me coldly.

HomeForumsRelationships3 years BF left me coldly.

New Reply
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

I made a point to create an account just to reply to this. I actually just found out about this site from my doctor, who recommended it today when I saw her seeking help for depression.

It’s shocking how closely this story is to my own. About a week ago, my girlfriend of over 2 years left me because she said her feelings toward me have changed. She said that she no longer felt romance in the relationship and I have become more of a best friend to her than anything else. this was extremely shocking to me, because not even the week before she broke up with me she had told me that she is incredibly thankful for me and how I’m the best thing to ever happen to her. When I asked her why she would say this if it wasn’t true, she said she was just trying to tell me what I wanted to hear.

Needless to say, I was devastated. I still am. Only after a couple of days I talked to her and she seemed like she was okay with her decision. We were best friends for 2 years before we dated, so I know her pretty well and I know she has a tenancy to hide her grief from everyone else. Still, I keep hoping that I’ll get a text or a call from her telling me she wants to work things out and that she values me and our relationship.

I haven’t taken the breakup well. There are some days where I feel things are OK and I can handle it, but in the end it all devolves into me wishing I was with her, going over things I could’ve done differently, and thinking about what she is doing. A lot of the time I just sit there are cry, and not much else. I feel like there is a part of me missing, and how unfair it is that even though I made such a great effort, and I did everything right, I still have to suffer while she is seemingly fine without me. A lot of people tell me to focus on what makes me happy, work on myself, and not depend on others for my happiness. While I am doing my best, with working out, focusing on my schoolwork (I’m studying to be a doctor too!) and going out during the day, I’ve never been much of a loud, outgoing person, so I spend most of my nights alone, and I can’t help but think about her and how badly the loss hurts.

I wish there was something I could tell you that would take the pain away. I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. All I can offer you is the fact that there is someone out there struggling with something exactly like this. That maybe, when you’re feeling alone and like you’ll never get through this, that someone, somewhere, is feeling the exact same thing. I know it won’t make it stop hurting. But maybe knowing someone is sharing in your suffering will help lessen the burden you’re feeling.

Good luck, friend.

jade green
    Participant

Dear Nick,

How are you doing?

I’m living fine now. Besides occasional sobbing, I am actually living quite well.

I don’t know if what I’m doing is right. I don’t know if what I’m feeling is right. But I want to live on. I want to keep moving forward. I started going out with people, eventhough I don’t know them well. I started bonding with my housemate and I started having regular conversation with my old friends.

One of my friend is going through a break up, the same day as me. And it made me realise that even when all love stories are different, the pain is the same. The horror and fear is the same.

You’re a medical student like me. Our studies is tough and it’s important for us to focus. I’m having my final exams in 5 months time. And I promised myself that after New Year, I would place my entire heart into my studies. I hope you will too.

I’ve realised that he left me and created an empty space. It is my choice to fill that empty space with misery or happiness. I had tried placing misery. And now I will fill it up with happiness.

Meditation really help. The first 2 people that replied to me; one of them said to breathe. It’s really helps. Taking deep breaths, and keep on breathing. It lessen the pain although I know only time can fully take the pain away from me.

With love,
    Jade

jade green
    Participant

@Euipoi said:
    *EDIT I think right now, you should really focus on things that make you happy. Enlighten yourself, don’t expect others to bring you happiness. Be the source of your own happiness.

(I wish i could write more but i have to leave!)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I’m glad you’ve found your happiness. I know, to be honest I know deep inside that I’m the only one that can drag myself out of this darkness. But I’m seriously all OVER the place.

I told him, I never knew he felt that way. Like… if he said something about it I would have done anything. I’m not saying this because I’m in a post breakup phase. Everyone knows I gave him my all. There is nothing I won’t do for him. I thought I did my best but all I did was to make him feel that way. He said a lot of hurtful things to me for the past month since the break up. I don’t know whether I’m just stupid but right after I texted him all those things. I blocked him. I just couldn’t handle what he’d say to me. I know he’s going to say something that hurts me. Because I’ve been trying for the past few weeks. I’ve asked him to rethink, I’ve asked him if theres something I can do… I think he really just wants to get away from me.

@syfy said:
    Hi there,

I am sorry that you are going through such hard times. It is painful but everything is going to be ok, I promise you that 🙂

First, breathe.

Second, stop analysing. You are painting your relationship a perfect picture because you just lost it. You are having withdrawal symptoms. Like an addict craving for his next dose. I kid you not. It has been verified by science.

Third, the chances of him still loving you a lot are high judging from his replies He is also in a lot of pain.

Fourth, if you want him to come back, no guarantee … but you have to sort yourself out first (for him and more importantly for yourself. I understand you have a lot going in your life but so does everyone. No one including your family, friends and him has an obligation to let you vent your frustrations on (I am not saying you do but the chances of you involuntarily doing that are high. I did that to my ex and I have friends and family doing that to me now). If you are a wreck, who wants to be around you? Everyone likes to be around genuinely happy people. Being happy seems unattainable in your current state now but it is ok. You have to let your emotions flow and don’t deny them but you have to learn how to express them in a constructive way. This takes time but it is ok 🙂

Fifth, exercise. Go out for runs or walks. Go outdoor and get some fresh air. Coping in your room doesn’t help at all. Listen to happy music. Just google them.

Hope this helps you a bit. I promise you, everything is going to be ok as long as you breathe 🙂

Hong

Oh my god. You’re right. I actually took a deep breath. And I feel a little calmer.

2. I don’t know if it’s really a withdrawal symptoms. I was like euipoi. I thought the relationship was perfect all along. I didn’t see this coming.

3. After his text yesterday, to be honest I feel like he hates me. I did talked to one of our mutual friend who has always been close to both of us. That friend is pretty impartial and he did told me few months ago that my BF was ignoring me and saying mean things to me so that I would break up with him. I obviously didn’t believe it. I thought he was impartial. Why did he say that? And I talked him today because I felt so horrible. I showed him the text my bf (or now ex) sent and he literally just said ‘I don’t know what’s wrong with him. It’s like he’s nuts. You’ve been doing so much and he hasn’t been lifting his fingers at all. Now he’s saying as if he’s the only one that suffered in the relationship’.

But no, I believe he’s not an asshole. I know he’s not a jerk that people say. He’s a proper sweetheart that everyone likes. But I don’t know what went wrong. To be honest, I didn’t mind being the only that’s trying to solve the problem within us. I really don’t mind being the one that always plans because when I see him smile I feel like it’s all worth it. Afterall who says a girl has to always wait for a guy to do something isn’t it? What if the guy is just… passive like him? All I needed to know what he was CRAZY about me for 3 whole years until we started dating. I know he loves me. That’s all I need to know. But now… I don’t know. I don’t know if he loves me anymore. You said that he does but… I don’t know. I’m really scared. If he’s hurting like you said, it hurts me as well. I want to be there to heal his pain. But he doesn’t want me to be there.

4. I think I’ve been bottling up my feelings. I haven’t vented my frustrations on anyone. If I did, I probably didn’t realise it. I live alone. My family is 5000 miles away. My mom is angry at me (that’s how she is when she cares) whenever she hear me crying on the phone. My dad scolded me (that’s how he is when he cares) whenever I called him and started crying without even managing to say a word. I miss them so much, and I really want to hear their voice. But I can’t say a word.

The friends I have here, are people I don’t really know. So I didn’t even tell them at all that I broke up. I smile and laugh, and felt tired. Then I’ll make some excuses to go home to break down. But I know, I’m a wreck. I’m everywhere. I fall apart everyday. I try to get myself together every morning just to fall apart in the afternoon. I’m so tired I just want to lie in bed whole day. (I know how pathetic that sounds). But I didn’t. I managed to do my daily activities just fine.

5. I’ve jogged a few days ago. It really tires me out to the point I can’t think. I’ll be doing that often but the rain is not permitting me to do so now. None the less, thank you for the suggestions. I will… run it all out.

And yes, I’ll breathe.

I wondered what made a person threw a way all they had for years. But… I think secretly I know the answer. He doesn’t want it as bad as I do. He doesn’t love me as much to want it anymore. I just can’t accept it. I just… hope that this is all a nightmare.

Thank you. So much.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please log in OR register.