April 3, 2013 at 11:59 am #30284Bobbi EmelParticipant
Hey all, I just got a new rode bike a few weeks ago and love it, but have some questions for you riders that are more advanced:
1. Suggestions for comfortable saddle?
2. Ideas for getting yourself out there when you really don’t want to?
3. Best way to get used to bike shoes and pedal clips (clipless, actually, but you know what I mean.)April 4, 2013 at 8:48 am #30488Samuel Gentoku McCreeParticipant
1. Comfy saddle is really up what you prefer. You might try getting a saddle cover with cushioning instead of investing in a new saddle. It’s very dependent on what kind of cycling you are going to do.
Most of all get a good pair of bike shorts. No matter what saddle you’re on good bike shorts helps make every ride more comfy.
2. Put on your gear and tell yourself you’ll just ride for 10 mins – you’ll always ride for more.
Commit to a regular ride with a group.
Have someone take you to work with your bike. That way you have to bike home
3. You need to be carful with used shoes as they can be funky for all sorts of weird reasons. I wouldn’t buy a shoe without trying it on and seeing how it feels. In the short term you try getting straps for your pedal as an interim choice.
I’d suggest taking the plunge and buying new shoes and pedals. It’s really worth the investment if you’re going to be using your bike alot. They are also totally not necessary I rode a century ride before I got pedals.
Hope that helps
Cheers TokuApril 24, 2013 at 3:41 am #34550RandomParticipant
Test a few different different saddles to see what works best. Women’s specific saddles from Specialized are great.
If you feel unmotivated to ride just remember how great you always feel afterwards!July 15, 2020 at 2:55 am #361728Canadian EagleParticipant
are you still cycling ?February 5, 2021 at 4:36 pm #374144ElizabethParticipant
There are days when you have to force yourself to get out of the chair and get on the bike. For all of us, motivation is the same: it is stronger, then weaker. Nothing will be more motivating to get on your bike than knowing you will be riding a 100 km ride in five weeks. Sign up for a bike tour while on vacation, for a great day bike trip. When you sometimes feel real laziness, some kind of fiction can help. Tell yourself that you will go outside and ride for 20 minutes, just to keep yourself busy.
October 7, 2021 at 11:22 am #387141RashaParticipant
- This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Elizabeth.
Hey friends I bought a bicycle last week to loose my wait actually I am an Interior Designer and I work at Architecture company . I don’t have time to do physical activities but now I am trying to loose my wait by my bicycle.October 11, 2021 at 1:14 pm #387262