November 7, 2019 at 6:29 am #321951
I just was hoping to receive some advice because i honestly don’t know what to do. I am a high school senior right now and as much as it pains me to say I’m starting to give up on myself. I have been feeling so overwhelmed mentally and physically. I have taken 3 “mental health days” from school because all I literally wanted to do was just lay in bed and cry about how stressed I have become. I dont want to sound spoiled at all but I just feel like everything is happening to me all at once. I have felt physical pressure on my chest for the past two months. I feel as though I have been treading water. I know the stuff I have to do its just that when I get home I feel depressed and nothing motivates me to do it. I have so many missing assignments because I prioritized college apps but in the process I put too much focus on them making me fall behind at school. I feel like I have no one to talk to and I feel like I have no one to reach out to. I feel like everyday Im just getting deeper and deeper into depression and I really hate that. Help?November 7, 2019 at 9:59 am #321973
In the past you shared that you live in Texas, that you are the only child ofyour parents who have been divorced for a long time, that you split holidays between the two of them, that both your mother and father have been dating and having relationships with others, that you were into dancing.
How is your life/ relationships now, with your mother? Your father? And your grandmother (on your mother’s side), you wrote that she was very critical of you, is she still?
anitaNovember 7, 2019 at 10:15 am #321975
Its gotten better, its just sometimes they are just so stressed from work that I suppress my feelings to enjoy the moment, and not turn it into some depressing convo that would end up with me crying, I just feel so overwhelmed with my own feelings that i have bottled up, and then I have a crap ton of work to do, And no one to talk to. Im just not sure what I can or should do. As for my grandma, she is just always going to be critical, and I think thats something I resent her for.November 7, 2019 at 10:58 am #321979
To understand your situation better I ask:
1. Who is living in your home: your mother, yourself, anyone else?
2. How often do you see your grandmother and can you give me a few examples of her being critical of you?
3. Can you give me an example of a recent “depressing convo” (with whom?) that ended up with you crying?
anitaNovember 7, 2019 at 11:11 am #321981
1. At my moms house its me, my mom, and her fiance
2. She just moved out to an apartment, she tells me that I still have time to lose weight before shopping for my dress for my moms wedding. I see her couple times a week.
3. I didn’t go to school friday because I woke up extremely sad and stressed. I was getting in my car crying from all the stress I had and my mom was like just stay home, and I tried talking to her but she didn’t really like get it, she kinda made it seem like I was stressed like any other day.November 7, 2019 at 11:21 am #321983
“I feel like I have no one to talk to and I feel like I have no one to reach out to”- you are welcome to talk here, type, to be exact. Share here how you feel about anything and everything. I will read and reply to you every time you post.
Seek counseling in your high school, so that you can see a professional in person there and talk. A counselor may refer you to school or community resources that can help you.
A counselor can also talk to some of your teachers and make a plan for you, to reschedule due dates for your school assignments, lower your school work because you are overwhelmed with the amount of work you have to produce.
Limit or minimize your time with your grandmother, do your best to not avail yourself for her criticism.
Will you seek counseling in your high school, like I suggested, maybe make a phone call today?