June 18, 2019 at 4:13 pm #299717
I have been a firm believer of the Law of Attraction famously known as the ‘the secret’, the “Ask, believe, receive” concept was difficult to understand rather implement but got through it and some unbelievable stories did occur but I am seeing a trend of that reversing or being true for only a certain amount of time; would elaborate of 2 such examples:
1. Had a close friend at graduate school who was my senior then over something very petty blocked me from every access to him (phone/email/text/messaging/social media) and I had tried to reach him in every way for around 3 years; I decided to apply the secret and it worked he msgd me, unblocked and we were back to being close friends again but then possibly again over a petty reason the same thing has happened since a year; so 2-3 years of applying LOA worked for maybe 2 years only to go back to the initial state? [Note: I don’t have regrets over why that friend has abandoned me merely using it as an example]
2. 4-5 years ago a company was very eager to hire me but after 7-8 interviews the talks died down without a yes or a no, since I was very interested in this organization I applied the secret and definitely had let it go to the universe for it to manifest, 5years later thus 2-3 months ago a recruiter initiated a conversation if I interested in the same team and same hiring manager; again there were the 10 sets of interviews, got through the interview process and the hiring manager sent me an email that they are working on an offer letter for me but to my surprise and shock about a week later the manager told me the org is going into an hiring freeze but promised he is working on lifting the req freeze and also followed up with some study I could do while we wait, this morning I receive a random auto-generated system email that the position has been eliminated and that would not be moving forward [BTW I had written a draft of an offer letter addressed to myself in order to manifest but the exact opposite happened]
Am I doing something wrong in applying LOA or it is just the way it works and only thing I would do is being positive in life?June 19, 2019 at 6:27 am #299787
This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.
I hope someone with an understanding or faith in that LOA will answer you soon.
In regard to the close friend at graduate school who blocked you “from every access to him (phone/ email/ text/ messaging/ social media)” and whom you tried to reach “in every way for around 3 years”- there must have been a serious reason for him blocking you in every way for so long. When he unblocked you three years later and then blocked you again shortly after, it couldn’t have been “over a petty reason”.
Having read in your previous threads what might be a pattern of behavior on your part, it may be that his reason was your relentless demands for his attention, and your anger/ rage when he didn’t attend to you enough or the way you wanted him to attend to you. Such behavior cannot be rectified by a law of attraction.
anitaJune 19, 2019 at 7:38 am #299801
Anita, sorry to say but I’m now feeling targeted over every story that I share that it is my behavior etc. I already mentioned it is only an example and I have no regrets over it, if u feel the other person has always been righteous in my case from your perspective may it be true for you but everyone has varied experiences in their life with people and it’s not always their fault.
I would appreciate if topics are treated as they are.
thank you.June 19, 2019 at 11:55 am #299819
From a Psychology Today online article:
“I propose that we replace this law with a principle, the Principle of Attraction. This principle of attraction is an evidence-based phenomenon with a foundation in positive psychology, goal-achieving research, and mind-brain sciences.
How does a Principle of Attraction differ from a law of attraction? The principle of attraction states that “Like Tends to Attract Like.” Positivity usually attracts positivity and negativity usually attracts negativity. What are the consequences of adopting this principle?
June 19, 2019 at 3:57 pm #299877
- An appreciation for the power of positive thinking.
- Positive people tend to have greater success in their career, higher salaries, better jobs, better relationships, improved health, and more altruism.
- In terms of personalities and fortune, like tends to attract like.
- Positive people tend to be surrounded by like-minded positive people.
- You cannot control everything that occurs in your life. Natural disasters and diseases may occur irrespective of your level of optimism.
- Helping those in need is beneficial for both the helper and the beneficiary.
- Aligning your thoughts, feelings, and actions with your goals, directs your brain’s reticular activating system (RAS) to sift through millions of bits of sensory information to focus on your goal. Thus, like often attracts like is a phenomenon that occurs within each of our brains, not due to a universal law.
- Adopting the concept of like tends to attract like, opens us up to visualizing the process, not just the outcome. We become more “present-minded”. This allows us to prepare for challenges and set up an action plan.”
Thank you Mark, your comment involves a lot of reading and a major shift for me in what I am doing (LOA) but will read and attempt to understand.
Couple of questions:
Do we create/imagine/believe the “LIKE” in the principle of attraction?
How would one be motivated to continue on this path if there are experiences like the ones I mentioned?
Do you practice this principle and your experience?June 19, 2019 at 6:08 pm #299887
I believe you have your own inner wisdom as well as allowing your own experience to answer the first question.
When you asked the question on how to stay motivated and if I practice this, I am believer of being positive and grateful as my daily spiritual practice and not be attached to the outcomes. I am happy if something turns out well for me and if it doesn’t then I consider that as an opportunity for me to learn from or to handle with equanimity.
MarkJune 24, 2019 at 3:45 pm #300557
Thank you Mark; your guidance is very helpful for me.June 24, 2019 at 3:45 pm #300559
And Anita, sorry to say but I’m now feeling targeted over every story that I share that it is my behavior etc. I already mentioned it is only an example and I have no regrets over it, if u feel the other person has always been righteous in my case from your perspective may it be true for you but everyone has varied experiences in their life with people and it’s not always their fault.
I would appreciate if topics are treated as they are.
thank you.June 24, 2019 at 4:05 pm #300565
I read your post to me and I will make sure in the future to not reply to you (here or in any of your threads, past and future) unless I am sure that my reply to you will not cause you to feel targeted. I hope you feel comfortable to post again here and to start threads in the future. I do wish you well.