Years of abuse…

HomeForumsParentingYears of abuse…

New Reply
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #189337

    Abuse has always been known to me. I have been physically, emotionally, and verbally abused by my older sister (half). I have been abused by my mother and father and I have been abused by people at school. Ever since childhood I have accepted abuse and had become as small as a mouse. I feel like nothing I will say about my abuse will matter to my parents. I had recently had the courage to tell my mom about my abuse form my sister when she told me she does not believe me. Apparently because she has not seen it, it did not happen. I feel foolish that my mother someone I thought I loved and trusted could not stand by me. I want nothing to do with my mother or father anymore, how could I stand or love someone who does not believe my story.

    This has happened before, as I told my mother and sister I was being abused by my cousin and even in the past they did not care or believe me. They still don’t. Apparently I am the actual problem because I have a “smart mouth” and I was the “problem child”. I am 19 now and My mother does not live with me but lives with her boyfriend. Unfortunately I had to suffer silently from the abuse I suffered because deep down I knew no one (my mother) wouldn’t care. I knew deep down no one would listen or not believe me. I still live with my sister sadly, and she has brought her boyfriend (illegally) into the house to join in on her bullying.

    What disgust me the most is that my mother has been abused by my father, so I would think she would understand the pain I have suffered. There is abuse on my mothers side, that I do not want to be apart of. I do not know what do, I would rather die than be in the house with the person who called me horrible names throughout my life. I want to leave but I do not know where to do, I was thinking subsidized housing for homeless but I am not sure. Now I really know no one is on my side and that I really do have no one to help me.

    I can literally talk all day about this, I have contacted a attorney to help me get a restraining order against my sister because my mother has been forcing me to be around her when I do not want to be associated with her. Please let me know what you think, and thank you for reading.


    Selena, Good for you for standing up and protecting yourself.  You are not a victim.  I hope you are acknowledging that for yourself.  Please think of yourself as someone who is a strong person.

    I wish you continued courage and strength to make positive changes in your life so you can live a happier life.


    Karen Murphy

    Dear Selena,

    I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through all this. You deserve to be treated with love and respect. Definitely you should do everything you can to move away from your sister. Do you have a job, or can you get one? If you can save up money to fix your car and get a place for yourself, that would be a step in the right direction, and you’d be around more normal people for a large part of the day.

    It can’t hurt to pray about the situation if you believe in God. “For the Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves such as are crushed in spirit.”

    Things will get better. You’ll get through this and come out all the stronger for it.




    Dear Selena:

    No wonder your mother did not help you regarding your sister abusing you, after all, she herself, your mother abused you.

    You wrote: “I would rather die than be in the house with the person who called me horrible names throughout my life”- I think I understand. If I was you now, nineteen, in your situation, I will move out ASAP to a homeless shelter for young people, someplace safe. All I would care about would be that it will be a well supervised safe place, a place where no abuse takes place.

    As I wrote to you in your previous thread, there is no way for a person to be okay living with ongoing abuse.


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please log in OR register.