“If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.” ~Buddha
In our fast paced, always-on world, it’s not difficult to access information. It comes at you at breakneck speed. Articles, blog posts, status updates, tweets–there’s never a shortage of ideas to consider.
Gaining knowledge isn’t a problem. Applying it, on the other hand, is a lot more challenging, especially when you consider how little time we have throughout our busy days to stop, breathe, and just be.
Tiny Buddha is about reflecting on simple wisdom and learning new ways to apply it to our complex lives–complete with responsibilities, struggles, dreams, and relationships. Over the last three years, Tiny Buddha has emerged as a leading resource for peace and happiness, with more than 1 million monthly readers.
My name is Lori Deschene. Though I run this site, it is not mine. It’s ours. It’s not about me. It’s about us. Your stories and your wisdom are just as meaningful and useful as mine.
The site features tips and authentic stories from readers of all ages all over the globe.
You’ll find posts about happiness, motivation, inspiration, love, relationships, meaning, possibilities, mindfulness, and letting go. Much of it has its roots in Buddhism, but this is not a site about religion. It’s about ideas that make sense and make a big difference when applied.
When you subscribe to Tiny Buddha, you will receive one email each weekday, each including two blog posts. Alternatively, you can choose to receive one weekly digest every Friday.
I invite you to get involved in the site by commenting, sharing a post, or introducing yourself on the Tiny Buddha Facebook page. We’re a really welcoming community! It’s a lot easier to be who you want to be in this world when you remember you are never alone. We are all in this together–and we all have something to teach and something to learn.
- For weekly or daily emails, subscribe to the blog.
- To seek or offer support from the community, join the free Tiny Buddha forums.
- To display a daily quote on your blog, get the Tiny Buddha Quote Widget.
- To contribute a post, read the submission guidelines and send your contribution to Lori Deschene at email(AT)tinybuddha.com with “Blog Submission” and the post title in the subject line.
- To learn more about Tiny Buddha, read the FAQs.
- To advertise on Tiny Buddha, visit the sponsor page and contact Lori Deschene at email(AT)tinybuddha.com with “Sponsor” in the subject line.
- To learn about the Tiny Buddha book, visit tinybuddhabook.com.
Thank you for sharing your light. You make a difference, and you’re appreciated.
Tiny Buddha Founder
A little more about me: My Wanderlust Yoga and Musical Festival presentation, Authentic Connections in a Networked World.
If you’d like to donate to help the site grow, I would appreciate your support.