Forum Replies Created
Hey Christina… so MANY resources out there! Don’t get me started!
I recommend this — helpful and inspiring both — I signed up for a couple of email subscriptions that come weekly; they lead me to new techniques as well as new ways to use the good-ol’ techniques.
– AllFreeCrochet (a.k.a. Hooked on Crochet): http://www.allfreecrochet.com/ml/1
– Fave Crafts, their crochet section: http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet
Also, here are a few sites for you from my bookmarks folder:
– A site for learning stitches of all kinds: http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa052398.htm
– A blog that teaches crochet techniques using videos: http://www.easyvideocrochet.blogspot.ca/
– LionBrand also has an awesome page called ‘stitch finder’: http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?store=/stores/eyarn&stitchfinder=1
– And one for stitch samples: http://blog.lionbrand.com/2008/09/29/crochet-along-sample-some-new-stitches/
(Once I made a whole afghan of squares, each of which was a separate new stitch. Great way to learn some new stitches and decide which you like to do or not. I used a monochrome scheme (various shades of green) so the afghan still looks like a unit. But it’s also a great way to use up yarn scraps!)
If you’re on facebook, try ‘like’ on The Crochet Crowd page. They’re always posting interesting stuff:
As well as googling, try this: Go to http://www.lionbrand.com/ and do a search for ‘crochet mittens’. They have a lot of free patterns. (I signed up there, and theirs is one of the newsletters I mentioned above.)
No shoulder, but hip bursitis a few years ago. Rehab with physiotherapists for a whole summer, plus repeatedly using Louise Hay’s affirmation for hip issues… agreat combo. No more bursitis there at all!
Affirmations, with thanks to Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life:
Hip: “Hip hip hooray! There’s joy in every day! I am in perfect balance. I mofve forward in life with ease and with joy at every age.”
Shoulder: “I am free to be joyous!”
(well that’s short n sweet!)
Hope you heal soon, Alexandra.
My good friends Alison & Don are an amazing example for this topic. Nearly 2 years ago, they sold everything they owned, packed 2 suitcases & 2 backpacks, and became nomads. They are literally homeless, instead calling each stay-place home. Their blog is so rich with their experiences and photos, so I have to brag on it! I’ll give you the link below. When you visit, click especially on “The Nomadic Life” topics… they began that sub-category when I suggested readers like me would enjoy reading about their personal feelings and growth experiences as a result of their travelling. Amazingly aware and enlightened, they tell some very close-to-the-soul stories to go with the other “travelogue” posts.
Tell them I sent you!