fbpx
Menu

2 Years Later

HomeForumsRelationships2 Years Later

New Reply
  • This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by J.P..
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    J.P.
    Participant

I love this site because I can truly express what is going on and get such great feed back. Well my story is this. I started dating my ex in 2009 and we broke up in 2012. When we broke up I started dating around and started talking to somebody else. This naturally devastated my ex. After trying to make it work for a year, nothing changed and we finally decided to not talk anymore in 2013. I know I hurt her really bad, and this really hurts me. At 23, right out of college, I wasn’t ready for her. She was my best friend, the love of my life, and I didn’t even know it. Now in 2015 I am 27 years old still resenting myself for everything that had happened a few years ago. We have both moved on since our break up, but apparently she is single again and I would honestly do anything to get her back. It seems simple but it is not at all. She has a lot of anger towards me, might even be hate. I was the love of her life, and I hurt her really bad. Ive tried making it right with her a few times but she will not have it. For some reason I still think that there is a chance and it is not over. The problem is, I just don’t know what else to do. She stops me from moving on and being happy with anyone else. At this very moment, she is the only woman I can see myself growing old in life with, I wouldn’t want anyone else. Anybody else that I come in contact with, or have a relationship with, really mean nothing to me. Please help? Do I not give up? Do I let it go and let her go?

Will
    Participant

“For some reason I still think that there is a chance and it is not over.”

You are mistaken. From what you’ve said, it seems pretty clear it’s over, you just don’t want it to be.

I’m sorry for your pain. Let her go.

Christopher.m
    Participant

Joe,

I wouldn’t come on heavy in this situation…. Better to just ask if she would like to grab a drink or coffee (short date. 1 hr max) and talk…

J.P.
    Participant

Thank you both for the advice, somehow its tough listening to your own intuition. My intuition tells me what will told me, that I should just let her go because it really is over. Part of me also never thought it was and I even though I like your advice Christopher, I just don’t want to seem like im begging for her to hang out with me, I do have some self respect. I feel as though she wouldn’t hang out with me, not because of her own choice but she is also influenced by family and friends.

I forgot to mention something. I poured my heart into a letter for her last year and she really didn’t care. She doesn’t care to know how im doing for what it seems like, so is this clear that she doesn’t care anymore? Or is she still hurt?

Christopher.m
    Participant

I assume she dumped you to begin with. Women usually initiate the break up… In this case you should have no regrets dating other people. You ex didn’t really care you were seeing new girls her ego was just ruffled

The reason I highly recommend against pouring you heart out via email is that it never works. Ive been around the block and never seen it work in my lifetime. It comes across as desperate to women. I recommend coffee so that you can read her body language, tone of voice, and get back to dating slowly… Not full steam ahead which only works in movies. You have to learn that a lot of love is about subtlety and mystery. Not logic or long emails.

But don’t beat yourself up. I’ve done stupider things. Reality is once she dumps you its up to her to repair the relationship. Not you. The fact that you already wrote an email of this type speaks to its ineffecieny.

I’ll be honest here. You have little control over your thoughts and emotions at the moment… You are letting your brain run wild with “what if” stories rather than dwelling in reality… Which is that you are yearning for someone that isnt interested and causing suffering for yourself. Your ego doesn’t want to lose and you are expending untold amounts of energy on this situation. I recommend you develop a mindful meditation practice, this will help you pierce through the fog and see reality. 40 minutes per day.

Does your ideal wife dump you? Act unloving? Not care enough to respond?… Moreover think of healthy male role models. Would tom Brady cry for his ex back or would he get on with his life and focus on getting his needs met? Lastly have compassion on yourself for it not working out. Even the rich and famous get their hearts kicked around. Get out there and ask for 10 new phone numbers this week… When you get 2 or 3 you’ll have a smile on your face and hope for more fun in the future.

Namaste

Will
    Participant

“I forgot to mention something. I poured my heart into a letter for her last year and she really didn’t care. She doesn’t care to know how im doing for what it seems like, so is this clear that she doesn’t care anymore? Or is she still hurt?”

It is clear she doesn’t care anymore. Whether this is because she is still hurt or simply because she’s moved on is besides the point. She doesn’t care anymore. There’s nothing you can do about that. I’m sorry for your pain. Let her go.

May I also advise you to ignore everything Christopher has said? You don’t have to go out there and mass-collect phone numbers. Nor do you have to live up to what Tom Brady would do, whoever he is. It’s ok to take a little time to mourn this relationship, to let it truly deeply sink in that she’s gone, before you try to meet someone new. It’s also ok to get out there and get to know more people, just to make friends and maybe find a new girl. It’s also ok to hit the dating scene hard if that’s what you want to do. What I wouldn’t suggest is some kind of focussed girl-hunt where you set yourself a target of how many phone numbers you need to ask for.

Be kind to yourself. You’re hurt.

My best wishes.

Christopher.m
    Participant

Will

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. I have dated and am currently married to a beautiful woman so I feel like I am entitled to share from my perspective.

There is nothing wrong with having healthy male role models…. Perhaps you’d like him to look up to an emasculated and broken man that cries himself to sleep instead? You’re essentially advising him to wallow is his misery rather than finally take charge of his life. That is a loser mentality. Enough time has passed and he needs a little pep talk… Not a box of Kleenexes.

Moreover I advised him to pursue meditation which makes sense considering the theme of this website. A life changing practice. I would not discount this advice or take it lightly. If he was actively meditating he would see things clearly and already let go of these negative emotions.

The reason I advise friends to pursue many different options while dating is the reality that dating is a numbers game… Beautiful women have so many options in the US that you cannot even fathom. Everywhere they go men are bending over backwards to buy them drinks, open doors, etc… There is nothing wrong with asking for 10 phone numbers if it will help you break out of a rut or your shell. Start living.

J.P.
    Participant

Thank you both for your advice again, they are honestly both great from your point of views. I just want to clarify something. I dumped her, because I was an idiot. She would of married me, and I know this because she told my sister. When I say I wasn’t ready for her, I meant she was mature enough and in love enough to have a life with me. Me on the other hand, thought my life wasn’t over yet and I still wanted to have fun (boyish mentality). As time went on I had realized I made a big big mistake, and she told my sister that it took her a year and a half to stop thinking about me and move on with her life. That is a long time. I always wondered until this day if rekindling is possible. Your both right about moving on though, as it seems like the logical choice. Christopher I am a giants fan, no tom bradys aloud lol

Christopher.m
    Participant

Ok thanks for clarifying…. In that case, there is no harm in trying. You have go put your ego on the line since you were the dumper. However odds are slim since she already rejected you once… Again it’d avoid the email and just call her & ask her out boldly. If she says no just laugh it off. It’d keep the conversation light and funny. No heavy subjects until you two have the sparks flying.

I agree with your assessment that she might resent you but to be honest women under 25 don’t even know what they like yet… So maybe she’s into a totally different type by now than you. Itd wager it wasn’t a mature love but a naive one.

mamie
    Participant

I really agree with Christopher, ego is the first thing you’ve to sacrifice if you really like her and want her in your life. I don’t think one try will hurt anyone. Devise a plan to meet her but don’t expect to succeed in your effort. Try to show your true feelings for her. There is a chance you can still be able to get her back in your life.

J.P.
    Participant

Mamie, thanks for your feedback. I would like to say that although I feel that there is still a chance in my heart, it may just be false hope. I have put my ego aside many times since our break up to try and talk to her and get back with her. The problem is, is that she doesn’t believe me and doesn’t trust me anymore also. How can I make a believer out of her again? Because that is what it is really going to take. I have changed tremendously in 2 years, I literally went from a boy, to a man that I would even be able to look up to .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please log in OR register.