Menu

annie7

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Getting my energy back #461461
    annie7
    Participant

    For me suffering has a lot to do with letting my emotions run the show, the impact of an evil man and a woman who colluded with it, and how it shaped my perceptions of myself and others. The church I grew up in did not allow me breathing room to become a full woman, a full human being. Respected.

    Letting go of what they taught me, unteaching myself, keeping what I need to, and kindness to self is huge for me atm. Go easy, a bus driver said to me once. Great advice.

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #461460
    annie7
    Participant

    You say a lot I resonate with. Talk therapy never helped with my CSA. Bright eyed ignorant people is a good way to put it. who seemed very intent on impressing me with their therapeutic credentials but never lived thru my sh– – or if they did can’t discuss it. IMO most of them were just using me to figure out their own crap. I did have one good therapist back in the day who really tried to listen but if she’s not a survivor, I feel it can only go so far. Peer support can be useful I feel.

    I am going my own way. I do take an anxiety med at present b.c. I have to as my body has spasms due to what happened. I feel very unsafe in public sometimes. They wanted me to try zoloft and it gave me horrible side effects. If others need meds, more power to them, it can truly help people, but for me I can only tolerate the anxiety meds from time to time.

    I am walking and doing tai-chi when I can in the mornings. Labeling thinking “thinking”. I also need to find my own way thru this with my conception of God, as I do believe in God, to assist me. I am detoxing from a lot.

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #461459
    annie7
    Participant

    I actually have been to a Friends meeting. I stopped b.c. I was feeling overwhelmed and it was a three hour haul. I am in recovery physically as well as mentally. But amazing you said that.

    I am trying to detox from a rigid Catholic upbringing.

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #461458
    annie7
    Participant

    Radically accepting my emotions is great stuff and helpful, mine tend to jerk me around.

    I have been listening to overthinking videos and about detachment recently. It is helping me. To say to myself, “this is just thinking”.

    To stop overexplaining myself. Is huge.

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460577
    annie7
    Participant

    Hi Alessa

    I write a lot of poetry. ATM I have little energy so my responses are brief.
    It was so nice to read everyone’s responses

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460576
    annie7
    Participant

    Hi Roberta,

    A knitting group sounds nice. I would like some sort of meal shared with people,
    I think – something simple. I was involved in a Buddhist meditation group years ago,
    but the founder died.

    Go easy as the man said.

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460575
    annie7
    Participant

    Hi Anita,

    I would be happy to speak to you!

    Annie

    Go easy as the man said.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)