Forum Replies Created
November 8, 2013 at 8:29 pm #45031
I can totally empathize with you, I’m currently 17 and have never had a true relationship with another person in my life. One time I came seriously close, but it failed early on. I too have issues with accepting myself. I struggle with my perceived failures, I have tendency of blowing my shortcomings out of proportion and minimizing my victories.
I think the best advice I can give is to get to know yourself first. The only way any relationship will work out is if you are sure of who you are. If you aren’t and get into a relationship, you may end up identifying with the said relationship, and if the relationship fails (not saying it will, just what if), you will lose that part in which you identify.
That’s all I really feel qualified to offer
Best of luck!
-CaseyOctober 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm #43730
Thanks Matt, I’ll have to check that out. I think one of my sources for the need to control people comes from my need to be validated by others, I really wish I could find peace within myself without using others, but I just can’t seem to.September 3, 2013 at 5:42 pm #41657
Thank you, Lori, for asking. It’s been something I’ve been struggling with my whole life, I have a hard time accepting myself for who I am, and it doesn’t help that i’m a little eccentric. But something I’ve been learning over this last summer is how to be able to love myself, and how to be more accepting of myself, so that I when I finally get over my depression, I can help others do that same.
(I don’t mean to break the continuity of the game, sorry)September 1, 2013 at 12:40 pm #41527
How do I get rid of the romantic feelings I still have for her? Should I just alienate her totally, or try to be friends with her?\August 30, 2013 at 7:35 pm #41469
1. I always try to do the right thing. I’m searching for peace. I’m extremely compassionate and forgiving…almost to a fault.
2. I found Tiny Buddha when I was around my lowest part of my depression this summer. Some of the articles and some of things you guys told me helped me see things in a new light, so I stuck around.
3. When I know I’ve done something right, when I know I’ve something meaningful and good
4. I live in a small town in the state of Wyoming, but Billy the Kid, the famous outlaw, was tried in the courthouse here.
5. How live life peacefully and serenely, and help others do the same.August 30, 2013 at 7:24 pm #41467
Another thing: The reason I’m anxious is because I highly value the friendship I have with this girl, and I’m worried if I make wrong move, I may lose it permanently this time.
August 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm #40031
- This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Casey.
I guess my biggest question is, how can I support myself and and not rely other people to retain confidence in myself?July 30, 2013 at 1:04 pm #39451
And the thing is, I realized why she left me. I was too clingy. I texted her way too much and obsessive with her. I never realized that about myself and now and can’t stand to think that I did that.