Forum Replies Created
February 11, 2014 at 12:51 pm #50787
I totally know exactly how you feel. I’m 33 and I am still challenged with this on a daily basis! I do so many things to try to deal with it. I take medication to help take the edge off. I don’t take as much medication as I need though. I don’t want to be really drugged up so I take a small dose of medication. I also go to therapy on a regular basis (about every 4 weeks at this point). I read self-help books, I practice yoga and other excericise, I *try* to meditate, I have loving pets at home, and most recently I’ve been learning to focus my energy into everything I do and be more mindful. All of this stuff helps. It is a lot of work and I’m still suffering from this every day, but it is worth it and I know that I’m not alone, and neither are you! HUGS,
MichelleFebruary 11, 2014 at 12:32 pm #50784
Hi there! I’m sorry to hear about your breakups! Have you ever been to Canada before? I have not been to India but I know many people from there and for them it is quite a different world but most of them feel like home here after awhile. Being single and living alone in Canada is definitely not uncommon at all. I think in the West it is becoming more and more common as time passes. I encourage you to come for a visit at least to see what it is like. This is a very multicultural country (some regions more than others) and I think you would do well. The winter weather will probably be the biggest change for you. Can you tell me where in Canada you are interested in moving to? I am in Toronto. Let me know if you have any other questions!January 15, 2014 at 1:05 pm #49160
Hi! I like it! The only thing I personally would change is that the images near the bottom of the page that have the following text on top, make it really hard to read. I would either change the colour of the text, lighten the images or move the text & images to separate places:
How Does Fear Affect Me?
Get Your Tech Info & Help Right Here
Habits: Control Us Good & Bad
Health & Fitness: Whats New?
ConfidenceJanuary 15, 2014 at 7:41 am #49147
Thanks Helen!January 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm #49057
I don’t know the answer either. I have been struggling with this my whole life. I do find that when I am less attached to things (as I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread) does help me feel more peaceful. My sense of attachment comes and goes though. I’ve learned that at least for myself, it’s not smooth sailing to letting go of attachments. Instead when I start to feel intense, I remind myself to accept my feelings and that it’s going to be ok. The other thing is that I compare myself to others TO NO END. If and when I can figure out how on earth to let this go, I believe I will be much happier. I hope this helps 🙂January 13, 2014 at 1:01 pm #49052
Share healing and love.January 13, 2014 at 12:30 pm #49050
In the last couple of years I have been working really hard to change my habits for the better. These are some of my relatively new, healthy habits:
– Avoid caffeine (because it can increase anxiety)
– Practice Yoga
– Practice Meditation
– Make simple to-do lists (3 things at a time! I get very overwhelmed if I have more than 3 things on my list at a time)
– Go swimming in the local pool
– Eat smaller amounts of food, more frequently
– Practice positive self-talk
– Journal entries OR video entries
– Pamper myself by doing things like giving myself a mani/pedi, taking a bath, etc.
– Keeping in touch with friendsJanuary 13, 2014 at 11:16 am #49047
My biggest wishes for the New Year are:
1. Make a bigger positive different in the world. I have signed up to volunteer at the local animal shelter and I am so excited 🙂
2. Meet my life partner. I hate to say this but I have absolutely 0 faith this will happen. I am trying to keep positive though.
3. Improve my financial situation. I have tried and failed but I will just have to try again.January 13, 2014 at 11:13 am #49046
I like this post 🙂
1. I am compassionate.
2. I am persistent in my yoga practice even though I’m not great at it.
3. I am sometimes funny.
4. I somehow am a magnet and role model for my two beautiful neices.
5. I love to learn.