December 1, 2015 at 6:42 pm #88692
…What do you mean? The following are what people out there mean:
1. There is something I want you to do for me and I don’t think you will unless I tell you “I love you” so I just did.
2. There is something I want to do to you and I don’t think you will let me unless I tell you that I love you. So I did.
3. I am bored, and I need some excitement. I wonder what will happen if I tell you that I love you.
4. I didn’t say it all day, so here it is: I love you!
5. I am a terrible person to be around, but overlook it because I Love You!
6. I can’t be alone right now, so I will say anything… please stay (I love you!)
7. I just called to say I love you! (No, I am not just singing along)
8. I got nothing else to offer you. I love you.
9. Ten, eleven, twelve… PLEASE ADD TO THE LIST, DEAR READER!??December 1, 2015 at 7:16 pm #88694
10. Please love me. I love you… Now YOU say it. Come on, say it! Say it!
11. I can’t take care of myself. Please take care of me. I love you!
12. Don’t leave me. If you do, you will destroy me and it will be on you, you terrible, terrible person. I love you!
13. What did I just say? (oh, I love you, right…)
14. I am drunk and I love you. No, not because I am drunk, no I am drunk because i love you, no i didn’t mean. (vomits)
15. I used to be in love with you. Now I love you. But I am not in love with you anymore. I just love you.
16. I am sorry I fell in love with your best friend and moved in with her. But I don’t love her. I love you. So we’re okay?
17. I hate you because I love you. You know I would not have bothered to make you suffer if I didn’t care!?
18. Nineteen, twenty. ANYONE?December 1, 2015 at 7:41 pm #88695
19. I am a very spiritual person. I love everyone, all the time. No exceptions. No matter how inferior to me, I love you all.
20. Forgive me for what I have done (cheated on you, spent all your money, abandoned you for ten years). I love you!
21. I mean it this time: I love you! And god will strike me dead if I don’t meaaaa. (Fin)
22. I love you. Your best interest is my interest. Your well being is my well being.
23. What was that? “Your best interest…” – what was that? Are you feeling okay?
24. I am fine. I am just saying I love you.
25. So why don’t you just say it.
26. I love you.
27. Thank you. Was that so hard???
28. Twenty nine, thirty, ANYONE???December 1, 2015 at 9:34 pm #88696TriangleSunParticipant
There it is. That phrase that means squat these days. #17 though… that is so true sometimes.December 2, 2015 at 7:18 am #88704
“17. I hate you because I love you. You know I would not have bothered to make you suffer if I didn’t care!?”
Pain in the Name of Love: I am making you suffer because I love you. This is an obscene meaning to “love” isn’t it? Share more about this one, if you’d like, TriangleSun?
anitaDecember 2, 2015 at 8:34 am #88707
My “8. I got nothing else to offer you. I love you.” Not a good one of further examination. What I meant was: I have nothing to offer you (true love being NOT offered) so I will SAY that I love you.
Otherwise, true LOVE is a whole LOT to offer.
anitaDecember 2, 2015 at 9:28 am #88710TriangleSunParticipant
I don’t actually mean that you’re willing for someone you love to suffer. That’s not love. I mean when you’re in a relationship where your love makes the other person suffer because they find that they can’t reciprocate. Hardly obsece and more unfortunate than anything else. At the same time I don’t think it’s related to #17 lol. Maybe 29 🙂December 2, 2015 at 9:42 am #88713
29. You love me and it pains me because I don’t love you. I am feeling so guilty. I am still with you because…
Not a funny one (I found 1-28 pretty funny). So, why would the loved one stay in a romantic relationship with a person they do not feel love for? Not to be alone? Because it is better than nothing? Because it is nice to be loved? Because of not wanting to lose the benefits of the other’s love?
anitaDecember 2, 2015 at 12:00 pm #88724
Just called to say I love not only you, but the bloody universe as well!December 2, 2015 at 12:15 pm #88725HealingWordsParticipant
I hope one day, I love you means mutual understanding, trust and loyalty but not dependence and lust with one another.
Love is complicated, I dont always know what love is and if love is actually something real in romantic relationship. Some times I am as skeptical when people say “I love you”December 2, 2015 at 12:22 pm #88726
Dear Jack: Somewhere in this Universe there is Jack who was here on this forum 20 minutes ago!
Laure: I am skeptical too, only not sometimes. More often that that. Let’s say a person means it when he or she says I love you, best case scenario, STILL there are as many definitions as to what it means as there are people!
anitaDecember 2, 2015 at 1:04 pm #88728
I care what happens to you, when I’m not with you. I’d hate to see you suffer. I hope you find peace and contentment in your life. I’ll be available should you need me in an emergency. You are my number one priority. (well besides myself)December 2, 2015 at 1:05 pm #88729
That’s close to what love is for me.December 3, 2015 at 8:06 am #88784
Good enough, I say!
I do think of you as a loving person, so I am not surprised you can articulate it so well.
anitaApril 7, 2018 at 6:31 pm #201241LeocubeParticipant
30. I love you because Jesus would want me to love you.
31. I’ve been saying “I love you” for 75 years but only now when I’m on my death bed do I truly understand what it means.
32. I’ve been saying “I love you” for 75 years but only now when I’m on my death bed do I realize that I’ve only been loving myself.
33. I love you because I’m really fond of you and the only word that I can use to describe what I’m feeling is “love”.
34. I love you because I’ve been taught to say those words to people I don’t hate.
35. My life is great and I’m feeling better than ever so here is a “love” for you, you random stranger. Aren’t I great?
36. I love you because that’s what people say to each other and I’m kinda trying to fit in.
37. I love you because I’m expecting it back 40 years down the road.
…one or two of these are what I mean when I tell people that I love them.