Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
anitaParticipantHey irony đ-ing Confused:
Yes, her reaction was disproportionate. Your friends say so,Copilot and I say so.
Yes, I believe that any lie is out of character for you đ
Thing is, I read your posts prior to the lie. She was already very stressed and conflicted about the trip to see you- before the lie.
It wasn’t like she was calm and looking forward to the trip and than BANG- The LIE.
She was dreading the trip, accusing you, and you- dreading her leaving you- panicked and lied (a small, technical lie) and.. trip cancelled.
What thinks Confused đ€
đ„ Anita
anitaParticipantHey Dear Confused:
I like it that there’s a smiley face in your message. To me, the smiley face feels like the strength within you.
“Idk what clarity feels like” – it may feel like serenity, as in the serenity prayer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..
You can’t change her mind, her heart, her history before she met you- which has a big part in her unpropotionate recent reaction.
I understand you wanting to ask her if there’s a chance for the 2 of U, or should U kill any hope for getting back together.
Problem is (besides the fact that it’ll disrespect the space she needs) is that even if she says: ‘No chance!’, you may think: ‘No chance now, but maybe next week.. or the week after’
It’s not that you f***** it up, it’s that the relationship has become fragile for a variety of reasons- from both sides. Which is most often the case in most relationship.
Are the đ„ in Greece still ongoing? Any close to you? The current Spokane đ„ are close enough to me that the air I’m breathing right now is filled with smoke.
How are you now (when reading this message)?
đ Anita
anitaParticipantI’ll answer in 1-2 hours, Confused.
anitaParticipantHey Dear Confused:
I can hear how much this is hurting you, and how overwhelmed you felt today. What youâre feeling â the longing, the fear, the thoughts running in circles â is part of the shock of separation. It means youâre in the first wave of grief.
Your care for her was real â I donât doubt that. But when a person says they need space, the most respectful thing you can do is to continue to give it to them. Reaching out in the middle of this emotional storm would come from your pain, not from clarity, and she would feel that pressure immediately. It wouldnât help the situation, even though the urge to contact her feels so strong. Longing always makes people want to act â thatâs human.
Right now, itâs important to slow down. You donât have to act on every feeling. You just have to get through this moment without doing something that comes from panic rather than clarity and calm. Space is not rejection â itâs her way of trying to regulate herself.
I know you miss her. I know her absence feels like a physical ache. But give her the space she asked for and give yourself a chance to breathe before you decide what comes next.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Girija:
As I was thinking about your last message, something came to mind that I thought you might find interesting. Itâs not directed at you, and itâs not meant as advice â itâs simply something Iâve found meaningful in my own healing, and I wanted to share it with you in case it resonates.
“Insight and change feel related, but they live in completely different parts of a person.
* Insight is instant â it comes in a flash. It happens in the mind. Itâs cognitive. Itâs fast. Itâs the moment someone suddenly sees a pattern, ex, âMy childhood shaped this.â It feels powerful because itâs clear, sharp, and often emotionally charged.
But insight doesnât require any discomfort beyond the moment of recognition. It doesnât ask you to do anything differently. Itâs just seeing. Thatâs why people can have insight after insight without their lives changing. Insight is a lightbulb. It turns on, and then itâs gone.
* Change is repetitive â it requires doing something new over and over. It happens in the body, not the mind.
Itâs slow. Itâs uncomfortable. Itâs repetitive. Change means noticing the old pattern, interrupting it, tolerating the discomfort of doing something new, repeating that new behavior until it becomes familiar. This is why change is hard: the nervous system hates unfamiliar things, even if theyâre healthy.Change requires staying present when fear rises, calming the body instead of escaping into thought, (etc.), and doing this again tomorrow, and again the next day. Itâs not a flash of clarity. Itâs work â steady, uncomfortable, embodied work.
Insight is âI see the door.â Change is âI walk through it every day until it feels natural.â
Insight is noticing the pattern. Change is behaving differently when the pattern appears. One is instant. The other is practice.” (Copilot)
Anita
anitaParticipantDear Girija:
One thing I want to say right away is how much I respect your emotional honesty. You look directly at what scares you, you name it clearly, and you donât turn away from the parts of yourself that feel fragile. That willingness to look inside â even when it hurts â is not a small thing. Itâs the foundation of healing. Nothing changes until a person can face their inner world the way you are doing now.
I relate to that very much. My own healing began in the same way: by being honest with myself about what I felt, by noticing the fear instead of hiding it, and by admitting how deeply my childhood shaped me. That emotional honesty was the prerequisite for any safety Iâve built inside.
And I want to be clear with you: my healing is not âcomplete.â I still carry anxiety in my body. Some of it is somatic â tics, Touretteâs â old fear that settled into my nervous system long before I had any control over my life. That part didnât magically disappear. But I am safer within myself now, and I feel so much better than I used to.
The biggest shift came from peeling off selfâblame and replacing it with empathy for myself. I stopped treating my fear as a flaw and started seeing it as a childâs response to an unsafe world.
I also stopped seeing myself as âabnormal,â or as some kind of freak of nature â which reminds me of the title of your 2022 thread, âI want to be normal.â I began to understand that I was a normal child who had no choice but to adapt to abnormal circumstances. That change in perspective softened something deep inside me.
Another thing that helped â and I still repeat it every single day â is the serenity prayer we talked about in your other thread: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Whenever I feel anxious about a realâlife situation, I ask myself: Is this something I can change? If the answer is no, I let it go. And if the worry comes back, I repeat the question again.
None of this erased the past, but it made the present livable. And itâs something you can build too â slowly, gently, and with the same honesty youâre already showing.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Girija: It’s 5 min before midnight here. So good to get your reply. I’m not focused, but will answer in the morning..
anitaParticipantDear Girija:
Reading your latest post, I can see how heavy it feels to treat every situation as a test of your worth. When you say you feel like a building that might collapse if one thing goes wrong â thatâs exactly what happens when a person grows up without enough emotional safety. You end up carrying the belief that you are the problem, and that every outcome reflects something broken in you.
But it doesnât. Sometimes things simply donât click, and itâs not a verdict on who you are.
You mentioned worrying youâre not smart enough, or that something will âcatch upâ to you. That fear didnât start in adulthood â it started when you were called a nerd in a way that made you feel small instead of proud. You internalized the idea that you must constantly prove yourself.
What youâre considering now â deciding youâre not the problem and leaving situations that donât feel right â is a healthy shift. Itâs not giving up. Itâs giving yourself permission to stop treating every moment as a test you must pass. You deserve to feel steady inside, not like youâre always one mistake away from collapse.
Please let me know if this post and the one before this one resonate đ
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Girija đ
I will respond to your recent post of 2 hours ago a little later. Right now I want to share with you my thoughts after reading through pages 2-7 of your previous thread (winter of 2022).
I think that you and I have a few things in common even though we grew up in different countries and 30 years apart (and please correct me if I’m wrong):
We both grew up in unsafe homes where our parents did not provide us with the emotional safety every child needs, the safety that allows a child to be carefree enough to develop a solid sense of self, a safety- within that allows you not only to survive life but to thrive, to find joy or at the least, contentment.
* Please let me know if I’m talking more about myself than about you.*
Anyway, with a fragile (not a solid- enough) sense of self, life is very, very difficult. The anxiety inside is very difficult to live with.
If this resonates, first thing I’d like to tell you is that none of this is your fault. There is nothing wrong with you. What you are experience is a direct consequence of growing up consistently unsafe, with no one solid to hold on to.
There’s also the issue of over- responsibility, feeling that others (beginning with our weak or ailing parents) need us and we’re therefore not free to branch out and live our own lives.
I am using my phone, but transferring to the computer, will continue there.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Confused:
I hear how confusing it is for you that she can only see the moment you panicked and lied, and not all the care and love you showed her. The intensity of her reaction tells me she wasnât just responding to what happened between you two â she was responding to something older, something that already lived inside her. When someone has been hurt before, even a small mistake can feel like a repeat of a much bigger wound. In that moment she couldnât separate the past from the present, and she couldnât see the version of you who was kind, supportive, and steady with her.
That doesnât mean your care wasnât real. You didnât erase the good memories â she just couldnât reach them while she was triggered. And thatâs why this feels so sudden and so absolute to you.
I also remember how anxious she was about the trip. Sometimes when someone is already overwhelmed, even a small mistake becomes the thing they hold onto so they can step away from something that feels too big or too scary. It doesnât mean the lie itself was huge â it means her fear was already strong, and this gave her a reason to cancel what she didnât feel ready for.
Youâre grieving something that mattered deeply, and youâre trying to make sense of a reaction that came from her own history, not from your worth. You can keep talking here. (I will be away from the computer for a while)
đż Anita
anitaParticipantHey Dear Confused:
I can hear how heavy this is for you. When the protective layer drops, youâre feeling the full weight of losing someone who mattered deeply. The inside jokes, her voice, the small everyday moments â those are real losses, and it makes sense that youâre grieving them. Youâre trying to understand how someone who cared for you so much could suddenly say you âdestroyedâ the good in her. That kind of shift is confusing and painful, especially when only a week earlier she was thanking you for making her days better.
What youâre describing â her insecurity, her fear of rejection, the way the September incident stayed alive inside her â those things didnât disappear just because she said she was over them. Sometimes people want to be over something, they try to be, but the fear stays underneath. It doesnât mean you made her worse on purpose. It means both of you were carrying wounds that made the relationship fragile. You wanted to help her, and she wanted to be close to you, but her fear and your turmoil kept colliding.
I hear how much you valued her kindness, her thoughtfulness, the way she cared. Those memories are real. They mattered. And losing these things hurtsđ But her leaving doesnât erase the connection you had â it only shows that her fear became stronger than her ability to stay. Thatâs about her inner struggle, not your worth.
Right now, everything feels empty because you built a lot of meaning around her. That makes the void feel sharp. But this pain doesnât mean your life is pointless. It means youâre grieving something that was important to you. Youâre in a hard moment, but it wonât stay this way forever. You can keep talking here, and Iâll keep listening.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantHey Dear Confused đ
I hear how much tenderness you still feel for her, even after the anger and the hurt. Youâre able to see both sides â the moments when she reacted from fear, and the moments when she showed care, softness, and generosity. It makes sense that your heart goes back to her, because youâre remembering the parts of her that felt warm and meaningful to you.
Youâre describing someone who is deeply insecure and easily triggered, especially around the September incident. When a person already feels ânot enough,â even small things can feel like threats, and they protect themselves by pulling away first. That doesnât excuse the hurtful moments, but it does explain them. Youâre also honest about your own turmoil â how you tried to stay gentle but were struggling inside too. It sounds like both of you were carrying wounds that made the relationship feel unstable.
I can see why you valued her kindness, her thoughtfulness, the way she cared about your wellâbeing and your family. Those things mattered to you. And I can also see why it was hard: her fear, your demons, the triggers on both sides. Youâre holding a lot of complexity, and youâre trying to make sense of it without blaming her or yourself. That shows your sincerity.
If you want to keep talking about this, Iâm here.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Girija đ
Thank you for explaining more. I can hear how heavy everything feels for you right now â not because youâre carrying your motherâs problems, but because youâre carrying the fear that life can suddenly become unstable again. That fear makes everything feel bigger, and it makes you feel smaller. I understand why you say you feel weak. When someone has lived with fear for so long, it can make even normal challenges feel overwhelming.
What you shared about work makes sense too. When someone already feels unsure inside, being treated rudely or dismissed in meetings can shake confidence even more. Itâs not that youâre not capable â itâs that your sense of self is fragile, so his behavior lands harder. And hearing that your teammates feel the same disrespect tells me this isnât about you being ânot enough.â Itâs the environment. You didnât imagine it. You didnât cause it.
I can also see how leaving the team was both necessary and frightening. Youâre starting over again, without the familiar patterns â even the unhealthy ones â and that can make the fear louder. Youâre used to looking outward for stability, and now youâre trying to find it inside yourself. Thatâs a big shift. It makes sense that you feel unsteady.
When you say, âI want to know itâs not me,â I hear how deeply you want a solid place inside yourself â a place that doesnât collapse every time life gets difficult. Youâre not asking for perfection. Youâre asking for a sense of being okay, of being capable, of being someone who can move through life without feeling like everything is a threat. Thatâs not too much to want.
Iâm here with you as you sort through all of this. You donât have to rush. You donât have to prove anything. You can keep sharing at your own pace, and Iâll keep listening.
đż Anita
anitaParticipantDear Eva:
Thank you for sharing all of this. I can hear how much youâve been carrying, and how exhausting and confusing this cycle has been for you. What you described â the sudden warmth, the hope it awakens, and then the abrupt shift back into coldness and blame â would shake anyone. It makes sense that you felt something open in you when he was attentive, and that it hurt so deeply when it disappeared the next day.
What stands out to me most is your clarity. Youâre seeing the pattern as it is happening, not months later. Youâre noticing the contrast between how you feel when heâs present and how you feel when he withdraws. Youâre noticing how quickly your needs become âcomplaintsâ in his eyes, and how easily your affection becomes something he minimizes or criticizes. That awareness is yours. It comes from living this relationship day by day, and from knowing what it feels like in your own body.
Youâre not âthe problem.â Youâre someone who wants consistency, care, and basic emotional presence â and youâre noticing that the moments of warmth are brief, while the moments of dismissal and blame are long. Youâre noticing how hope keeps pulling you back in, and how quickly that hope turns into hurt again. None of this means youâre asking for too much. It means youâre asking for the minimum, and youâre seeing clearly when it isnât there.
I trust your ability to understand your own experience. You donât need to rush into any decision or conclusion. You can keep noticing what feels true for you, at your own pace, in your own words. Iâm here whenever you want to talk again. No pressure to respond until you feel ready.
đđż Anita
anitaParticipantHey Dear Confused:
“Too bad I have a lot of demons myself”- the Confused I know? đ€.. I see-hear-feel no demons.
He’s not a mafia guy, not that I know. He’s rich though.. and lots of tattoos đ€
I am not very focused this Sun night. I attended a music event, đ and đ·- ed a bit. Will write more in the morning.
đżđżđż Anita
-
AuthorPosts

