Menu

Roberta

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 534 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460546
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi confused

    I guess getting the balance in relationships can be tricky especially if each party does not state fairly early on about what they feel/think would enhance & or erode a relationship.
    So in general ex’s are an ongoing minefield.
    Who pays for what & when. ie if you regularly go out for meals together does one go dutch or take turns unless one party specifically states before hand this is my treat.
    It can be dull & hardwork if only one person chooses & organizes outings etc especially if there is lack of response or feedback from the other party or if the only feedback is negative.
    I hope that any future relationship you have will bring you the right mixture of stability/excitement openness/mystery that you both feel nurtured & the freedom to grow.
    kind regards
    Roberta

    in reply to: Letting go #460545
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi

    Before I had to go to work yesterday morning my son joined me for a quick guided meditation that I had down loaded from you tube , which we both enjoyed, so I thought I would try & find an equally short one for the evening from the same source & then my son could help his luddite mum download it.
    The second meditation started off ok, but I quickly realized that the direction it was taking could be overwhelming for my son, & I was right, so I used the phrase ” stepping away” & I then helped him breathe & release & changed the video to something that was of interest to us both (Autism).

    in reply to: Finding My Way Through the Uncertainty #460544
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Serene Wolf

    Wishing you all the best on your journey into learning to surf the waves of uncertainty so that you can traverse the choppy waters of life rather than getting wiped out.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you
    Roberta

    in reply to: Parent Life #459552
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Alessa

    In the Uk they have different ratio to carer depending on the age of the child, but if you have someone who is a qualified primary teacher then the ratio is much much higher. Also once a child reaches full time education some places starting streaming the classes for basics like english & maths very early on.

    Tee’s idea of practicing the walk to the forest is an excellent idea, so that he is familiar with both the route & the concept of holding hands, particularly when crossing the road. At our preschool the newbies start by holding hands with a adult, then they may go with an adult one side & an older child the other, then progresses to being with an older buddy & then eventually he will get to be the older buddy.
    Best wishes
    Roberta

    in reply to: Struggling to settle in new role #459501
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Tom

    I am sorry for you & your wifes loss. I have been there too & I hope that you are both allowing yourself to grieve fully. I unfortunately did not conceive afterwards & even over the years I think oh they would be 5, 19 or fifteen years old.
    I hope that you both enjoy your mini trip next month
    Roberta

    in reply to: Parent Life #459500
    Roberta
    Participant

    Ooops 50 plus

    in reply to: Parent Life #459499
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Alessa

    Wow that is a big class %0 plus new faces that is a lot to take in. Where I work we have an average of 15 with a minimum of 3 early years paractioners. even then the noise/ busyness level can occasionally get overwhelming for some. We have a quiet corner & those who are particularly sensitive they bring in their own noise cancelling headphones. We often give the children 5/10 min warning around transitions such as snack time or going out to the library, especially if they are engrossed in an activity & they have free access to the garden.
    I hope your son soon makes friends with his classmates & that the staff are active listeners who are kind & curious.
    Kind regards
    Roberta

    in reply to: Having attachment issues and letting go issues #459466
    Roberta
    Participant

    Dear Eva

    Cool calm collected & cheerful would be a good way to behave. I doubt this guy ever gives a second thought about his behaviour, it just will not come up on his radar. You will have no control over what he thinks, says or does, nor give him any control over how he makes you feel. In some ways be glad that he has ghosted you. You do not need that type of person in your life.
    I hope that an honest caring man comes into your life soon
    Roberta

    in reply to: Is My Sister Trying to Isolate Me? #459441
    Roberta
    Participant

    Dear Kris

    You did not give context to her verbal abuse ie did she call you a silly air head, a waste of space???.

    For clarity I was addressing the one point in each post to which you had given concrete instances. ie the car episode & the friends episode.
    And I did ask you to clarify whether she is blunt & harsh in her exchanges with others this would help me understand whether she kind loving & forgiving of others & just singles you out for the mean treatment.

    Just yesterday I was driving my grandson to school when a young child stepped off the pavement right in front of my car. If I had been distracted even for a milisecond that child would have been seriously hurt or died. My grandson now viscerally understands how important it is for me to be able to concentrate

    I am definitely not taking sides or trying to dismiss the hurt feelings that you have had over the years. In fact my intentions are quite the opposite. When we are able to at least consider a slightly different slant on something, not necessary all things, there is a chance that the overall hurt might diminish just a smidgen. If your sister is in general horrible to most people then that would take the personal sting out a bit, not that is an excuse for her behavior.
    Do you feel/think that you are in coercive relationship with your sister & that she wealds an excessive power over how you live your life?

    “Seriously, how can anyone in their right mind criticize someone who’s GRIEVING? ” well my mum told me I had no right to grieve for the father of my children because he was my ex! The people we are close to can be terribly unfeeling.

    in reply to: Broke trust with my partner… how do I go from here? #459391
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi
    To me it sounds more like exclusive friends with benefits …. I guess thats one of the pitfalls of holliday/short term liaisons.

    Anyway putting the vagueness of the technicalities of the relationship aside, you have learnt some valuable lessons about how alcohol can defect us away from core values & that you have to find a kinder way to treat the way you think about yourself & you are choosing how you want to proceed in the future.
    Live love learn & laugh

    in reply to: Broke trust with my partner… how do I go from here? #459380
    Roberta
    Participant

    Dear Sisi

    “Lee said we weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend but we’re exclusive and we haven’t spoken of the future and we’ve been in this grey area where we’ve both kinda not been perfect… I’m frustrated that the situation became like that.” I don’t get it if you were not actually bf & gf how can you be exclusive? maybe a typo?
    Roberta

    in reply to: Is My Sister Trying to Isolate Me? #459363
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Kris

    as I got older, she became verbally abusive and criticized me all the time. Another reason why it feels like she doesn’t want me to have outside connections are the weird stuff she says. When I was 13, I told her I was anxious that this new group of friends were talking about me behind my back and she said they probably were.

    Well she was being honest about how many teenage circles ( & adult) function. She was too blunt, maybe she had fallen foul of back biting.
    Some people do not sugar coat things & then they can come across as unfeeling. Is your sister that way with other people?

    in reply to: Broke trust with my partner… how do I go from here? #459362
    Roberta
    Participant

    Hi Sisi

    I am glad you were brave enough to speak to your bf truthfully & you realize how alcohol has had detrimental effect on you. I live in a touristy place & it is not easy if you work in that industry not to fall foul of the work hard, party even harder attitude.
    How much longer do you have in your job & does your bf work at the same place as you?
    I hope that you can be gentle with yourself now & find happiness
    Roberta

    in reply to: Identity Issues: How do I Return to My True Self? #459357
    Roberta
    Participant

    Dear Kris

    Please tell us about your authentic self, what qualities do you like to shine thru? Who/what do you share them with & what do you see in others when they are being authentic too?
    How does it feel when you are able to be your true self?
    When & where do you find it easiest to be at home with yourself?
    Best wishes
    Roberta

    in reply to: Is My Sister Trying to Isolate Me? #459356
    Roberta
    Participant

    Dear Kris

    Please may I offer a different slant on one of your sisters comments when carpooling with you. Maybe she was more aware how dangerous it is to be distracted when driving. I have to tell my 7yr grandson nearly every time he is in the car that I need to concentrate when driving.

    I hope you find a way for you & your sister to have a kind, healthy & loving relationship
    Kind regards
    Roberta

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 534 total)