Menu

anita

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 7,098 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • anita
    Participant

    Continued:

    About your 3rd paragraph: So, some well- meaning family members tried to help move your father toward peace with your husband, and your father’s reaction- turn them against your husband.

    It makes me angry, and I’m not even there.

    4th paragraph: your father succeeded in turning family against your husband and they’re trying to turn you against him (against your husband)?

    “What makes me even angrier…” understandably… The injustice, the hypocricy, the complete lack of honest reflection on the part of your father, plus his manipulative behavior- trying to turn family against your husband so to isolated him.

    “Money and generosity can’t erase the way someone treats people…”- Financial generosity conditional on the two of you submitting to him in each and every way that fancies him, and to punish you if you don’t..is not generosity.

    “Generosity” in this context is a euphenism.

    “Money and generosity… shouldn’t create an expectation that the recipient owes emotional submission”-

    I read this part after I wrote the above.

    Again, transactional generosity is.. not at all generosity.

    “The hard part now is learning to tolerate the tension…”-

    I’m so sorry, Nea.

    You don’t deserve ant of it, nor does your husband.. or your daughter, of course.

    Anita

    anita
    Participant

    Good evening, Nea 🙂

    I’m using my phone and just read a bit of your recent message of less than 10 minutes ago.

    I’ll quote what I read, respond, and then read the next part, etc

    “(The role) gave me a temporary relief… So, now that I’m not doing that- and I also can’t control… “-

    I think that the role gave you some sense of control, of having some power, however modest, in the volatile environment you grew up in.

    Giving up that sense of control, understandably would leave anyone more anxious.

    “Another part of me knows that repeating the same pattern would just bring temporary peace”-

    For a child in a volatile home, temporary peace is the best she can get, it makes life bearable, or survivable vs a never- peace scenario.

    And what makes it survivable is not necessarily that there’s real peace, or that you have real control- but the feeling of peace, and the feeling, or perception of control.

    I’ll continue next

    🤔 Anita

    in reply to: Creating Meaningful Relationships #460686
    anita
    Participant

    * No, no, no.. I’m 10 years older than you (relief!)

    in reply to: Creating Meaningful Relationships #460685
    anita
    Participant

    Good evening, Omyk:

    As I read you most recent post, the thought that occurred to me was that you come across so very rational, intelligent, cautious, very responsible, conscientious..

    Let me place the adjectives right above in alphabetical order: Cautious, Conscientious, Intelligent, Responsible.. very responsible.

    I’m not surprised the old employer didn’t let you go. I wish they didn’t threaten to do so for THREE years!

    A bit of my anger in the “THREE years!” above, and I’m not even you 🙂

    Did you, do you feel angry about that continuous threat to be let go?

    “Orchestrating the future is hard work.”-

    And the present gets postponed in sake of the future 🤔

    I am 20 years or so older than you, Omyk. There’s a relief in there being less future than past.

    🌿 Anita

    in reply to: Creating Meaningful Relationships #460684
    anita
    Participant

    Good to read back from you so soon, Omyk. I’ll reply further this evening 🙂

    anita
    Participant

    You are welcome, Nea ❤️

    Talking to you is helping me too, so thank you!

    “My mind still wonders ahead sometimes… and I notice this weird anxiety come up… I’ve always been the person who eventually tried to restore the peace. Even when I’ve felt that I had to bow down a little… Let’s just move on”-

    I think that the role of peace restorer, the one who bows down and moves on (without real resolution), gave you a sense of temporary comfort, a release of tension- in between crises- over the years, maybe decades..?

    The “weird anxiety” may simply be about this long- term role suddenly not being exercised, and the temporary relief not being there.

    What do you think?

    About your father helping you and your husband financially- keep in mind, if you will- the bigger picture: he has helped many, if I remember correctly, friends and strangers alike, and that doing so is part of his social image- management.

    I am not saying you (and all the recipients of his financial generosity) should be ungrateful for it. I’m just saying, see it in context of the big picture which includes his motivations, and his return-on-investment expectations.

    Looking forward to your thoughts before responding further to the anxiety part.

    🌿 Anita

    in reply to: Creating Meaningful Relationships #460681
    anita
    Participant

    Welcome back to your thread, Omyk 🙂

    I hope your recovery from the lengthy medical procedure is complete and that the resolution to the trouble with work is implemented successfully 🙏

    I am glad to read that you feel much more at peace after weeping for several days, on and off, in regard to the five- year anniversary of your spouse’s passing, and that you’re trying to be happy with what is still available for you, new activities and new people 🌿

    I hope to keep reading from you about your health, work, new people and new activities 🙂

    Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460678
    anita
    Participant

    Hey Dear Confused:

    “Well then, I either have had anxiety my whole life or ADHD, both are bad ha-ha.”- that’s the cute, lovable “ha-ha” Confused 🙂

    “Oh, so u mean that my shutdown is my prison and those feelings are moments that my shutdown lifts?”- yes, exactly!

    “Also, something weird that started happening lately, when I ride on long roads that are downhill and maybe with some curves, I get so frozen/paralyzed at some points, like when u drop from a high altitude, the same kind of feeling! Gemini says because of my mental state but idk, what would Copilot say, I wonder?”-

    No need to wonder for too long. Copilot’s answer: “Confused is describing something that sounds much more like anxiety in motion than ADHD… ADHD doesn’t cause sudden paralysis or altitude‑drop sensations; anxiety does, especially when someone already has mind‑chatter, self‑monitoring, and sensory overload. So, the simplest, most accurate reading is: he might have ADHD traits, but what he’s describing here is clearly an anxious freeze, not an ADHD symptom.”

    What says Confused about what Copilot says?

    🤔 Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460676
    anita
    Participant

    Copilot says t-rex arm is “just a curled‑in, comfy way some people sleep — nothing scary or strange.”

    About ADHD Copilot says: “You cannot tell from what Confused wrote whether he has ADHD. You can tell he is anxious. Confused shows attention drift, mind‑chatter, hyperfocus, fidgeting, and memory gaps — all of which can appear in ADHD, but also appear in anxiety, stress, emotional overload, high imagination, poor sleep, rumination, social pressure.

    “The key distinction- ADHD is about impairment across multiple areas of life — work, relationships, organization, time management, follow‑through. Confused is describing moments, not impairments. He’s not failing at life tasks.
    He’s not losing jobs. He’s not unable to function. He’s not describing chronic chaos. He’s describing internal noise — which is far more characteristic of anxiety than ADHD… The simplest, most accurate answer: He might have ADHD. He definitely has anxiety.”

    What says Confused?

    🤔 Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460675
    anita
    Participant

    Good late evening/ night, Confused:

    Using my phone, I read one part of your post, respond, then read the next part, respond, and so on.

    Glad you felt better during the day as well 🙂

    Reversed psychology 🤔, yes, sounds right.

    So, for a month you struggled with that other girl’s breakup, and then “the flip switched overnight”-

    A disconnect-within/ shutdown as a solution to a month- long struggle? 🤔

    “Still my mind would be: ‘are you laughing for real or are U faking it?’-

    The cost of the disconnect-within/ shutdown solution.

    All those real moments, real feelings (“the kiss, the hug… hugging the air… and crying, saying ‘I love you'”) are escaping prison (disconnect, shutdown and enjoying temporary freedom 🥳 🎶

    .. “t-rex arm”- I wonder what that means, a fidgeting arm? I’ll look it up when I’m back to the computer and I will ask you know whom about the “ADHD thing”-

    Well, I’ll b Back 2 U when I’m on the 🖥

    Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460671
    anita
    Participant

    B back 2 u in the eve 🙂

    anita
    Participant

    * to stop hoping

    anita
    Participant

    Good early afternoon, Nea:

    “Becoming a mom has made me look at all of these things through such a different lens”-

    You are flexible; you have the capacity to grow, to learn and to change.

    But some people are so rigid, so set in their ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving, that they’re afraid that if they’ll change, they’ll break.

    Their lens of viewing the world around them are fixed for life, and becoming a parent or a grandparent does not make a dent in their fixed patterns and mental-emotional rigidity.

    Accepting what and who we can’t change, who does not have the capacity to change, to start hoping, to stop trying, relieves our stress and frees our energy to make a difference where and with whom you can.

    And yes, there is strength in you- your flexibility, the ability to learn and change is proof of that.

    ❤️ Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460664
    anita
    Participant

    Oh, and yes, to be present means to listen instead of, for example, planning what to say next while she’s still talking to you (I used to do a lot of that 😔)-

    To give her the unique emotionally safe space- within conversations with you- to explore what she’s thinking, what she’s feeling, to interpret her own motivations, her own life story- without you jumping ahead of her and telling her what she’s thinking, feeling, what motivates her and what it all means (I used to do a lot of that, here, in these forums 😔).

    To ask gentle questions, to suggest a bit of this, a bit of that, and to ask her if it resonates before saying too much; to listen patiently, to put aside your own mind chatter so to fully hear what she’s saying.

    To do this for each other. Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

    🌿 Anita

    anita
    Participant

    Good late morning, Nea ❤️

    What a beautiful name ✨️✨️✨️

    It’s a good thing that Maya doesn’t carry a longing for your father’s tenderness and softness.

    She is truly loved by her own parents.

    “There’s something significant about reaching the point where you aren’t waiting for someone to become different anymore”-

    I think that neither your father nor my mother has the emotional capacity to love another person in a tender, soft, close way.

    I don’t think he chooses to be cold and distant. I think he just doesn’t feel closeness in the way you or I feel. He can perform behaviors that appear soft and close though.

    I think it takes effort to perform these behaviors and that’s why he feels more comfortable being himself (not bothering to perform) at home.

    I’ll write more later.

    Anita

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 7,098 total)