Menu

anita

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 7,098 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460608
    anita
    Participant

    5 hrs, left: 700

    Hey Dear Confused:

    Yes, I suppose the imagery of small windows will do πŸ™‚

    Hmm.. you’re becoming like her therapist πŸ€”?

    What you said to her does sound intelligent and I’m quite impressed.. But the ‘patient’ rejects the therapy (“she refused hard… and she refuses that again.”)

    “I told her I’m sorry and I regret it very much… it was my own trauma response…”-

    Perfectly said, Confused. My hat is off to you (I wish I could access a hat-off emoji using my phone πŸ˜”)

    “… still, I’m the one who trigerred it and maybe I can be the one that heals it, we should give it time”-

    My goodness, Confused.. I’m going to send you my- hat- is off to you emoji once I get back to the computer, that’s a promise!

    Oh, except that you can’t heal her trauma wound, that which preceded her ever knowing you existed. You can only support her as she engages in healing.

    (I’m reading wmeach part of your message, responding, then reading the next part for the first time)

    Then, after all of the above, you texted for 4 hours and laughed a lot? Well, Confused, that’s a really big window (I’m referring to the beginning of your message and the beginning of my reply).

    And now you’re numb- well, no wonder You’re numb/ tired. That was.. how many hours of lots of emotional going on, no wonder you need a break!

    πŸ” (just because) Anita

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460606
    anita
    Participant

    This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

    Thomas said: “I am sorry I brought this up”-

    Well, why then did you submit the message where you brought it up, right after feeling sorry that you brought it up?

    Thomas said: “I don’t mean to make light of the feelings you have.”-

    If you didn’t mean to make light of Annie’s feelings, why did you make light of her feelings?

    Annie shared that her family had “a TON of trauma”- she didn’t have a Garden of Eden kind of life.

    🌿 Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460605
    anita
    Participant

    Wait, cheap flights from Greece to Cyprus.. that has to be a 10 min flight πŸ€”

    How long does it take to get there by train (to Athens, I’m guessing, and from there on boat to Cyprus?

    (Just curious)

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460604
    anita
    Participant

    Continued:

    I wrote the previous message before reading most of your message. Well, seems like you weren’t shut down when you wrote it.

    The 2 of u knowing that your LDR is not in “danger” of any irl visit anytime soon, makes it easier for her and for U to feel closer to each other, I figure.

    πŸ€” Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460603
    anita
    Participant

    Hey πŸ‘‹ Confused:

    By that unclear sentence I meant that emotional shutdowns don’t fuction perfectly, that’s how you felt (or may still feel) indifferent about her, yet at any time you can feel intense jealousy about her, or intense sadness, and cry.

    To B continued in a moment.

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460602
    anita
    Participant

    B Back 2 U in a couple of hours πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460598
    anita
    Participant

    Hi Annie πŸ™‚

    Truly, I am glad to read back from you!

    I’m using my phone, scrolling up to re-read your original post and down, to quote what you said and the thoughts or feelings your words bring for me.

    You wrote about your family, “mine had a LOT of trauma”- same with mine.

    You wrote, “lack of family”- A lack of safety and predictability. This is what I grew up with (or more precisely, how I grew in, as in inward, isolated within and without).

    “As if I’m unseen, unheard, by anyone, like I don’t even exist, in a way.”-

    I never read anyone say something so true to the way I grew- inward.

    “I just want to be at peace with my emotions”-

    That’s huge for me. Part of a mantra I repeat every day is: “I radically accept my emotions.” meaning, I don’t judge myself for feeling whatever I’m feeling at any time. Nor do I judge anyone else for whatever they’re feeling.

    Because in every emotion there’s a valid, positive message meant to help me and others (as an individual and a social being) to survive and even thrive. The message gets lost sometimes, that’s all.

    I suppose harmful action is often based on the valid message getting lost in translation πŸ˜”

    What do you think, Annie?

    πŸ€” Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460597
    anita
    Participant

    Hey Dear Confused πŸ™‚

    I see. Well, the jealousy feeling came ‘up’ from under/ current shutdown (“the whole feeling of closeness is gone for mpst of the time.”), is what I figure.

    I guess attachment ambivalent and disorganized attachment are very much related.

    What you said about your early environment could explain the shutdowns.. what thinks Confused?

    πŸ€” Anita

    anita
    Participant

    Hi again, Nea 😊

    Still thrilled!

    “I’ve been in such a warm little bubble with my baby that I honestly don’t have much capacity to carry that situation right now”-

    I hope you stay in that warm little bubble for a long while longer, and therefore I don’t want to say too much about “that situation” at the moment.

    I would say, in regard to “he and my husband didn’t speak to each other. We were all in the same room, and nothing happened”-

    A softening in your father’s heart did not happen as a result of being in the same room with his new graddaughter, for the very first time.

    A softening that could have made it possible for him to say something pleasant to your husband with the intention of making it more pleasant for the new mom who had just given birth for the first time.

    Some hearts close permanently πŸ˜”

    I am well, thank you for asking. I danced πŸ’ƒ to outdoors live music on Thursday aternoon-evening and on Sunday evening.

    I just remembered that a very pleasant woman on the dance floor said something nice to me about my dancing. She looked and sounded South Asian and.. it made me think of you, Nea- for a moment, right there on the dance floor πŸ™‚

    πŸ’ƒ ✨️ 🌿 Anita

    anita
    Participant

    Congratulations, Nea. Sincerely, I am thrilled πŸŽ€πŸ‘ΆπŸ’—βœ¨πŸΌπŸŒ·πŸ’›

    I’ll write more shortly.

    Anita

    anita
    Participant

    I miss you already, Nea (thinking you might not poste again).

    Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460570
    anita
    Participant

    Hey Confused:

    It just so happens that I was answering another (new) member tonight, and I came across the term Attachment Ambivalence:

    It’s when a person’s nervous system sends mixed signals about closeness: the person craves connection and fears it at the same time. It comes from early environments where closeness was inconsistent β€” sometimes comforting, sometimes painful. As an adult, the person reaches out for warmth and then pull back because intimacy feels overwhelming.

    What thinks Confused, does it fit Confused (as it did me and the new member, and so many, many people?

    πŸ€” Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460569
    anita
    Participant

    Hey πŸ‘‹ Confused:

    “When she mentioned someone hitting on her, I felt my whole body tightening and heat rising”-

    Wait, wait.. perhaps she shouldn’t mention guys hitting on her, similar to you not mentioning your exes.. so that you don’t feel “body tightening and hear rising”, and she doesn’t feel “twisting a knife in a wound”.

    Yes, I figure you can do a relationship while at times numb, shut down or dissociated. You can accept those no-feeling times and move through them.

    There’s a dynamic that’s not at all uncommon for people who on one hand need love, and on the other hand, are afraid that the other person’s love will turn around and bite/ hurt them.

    So, they stop feeling to protect themselves.

    Do you think this dynamic applies to you?

    πŸ€” Anita

    in reply to: Getting my energy back #460567
    anita
    Participant

    Hello Annie:

    You write so honestly, it’s refreshing for me to read.

    I am sorry to read that your closest friend is dying πŸ˜”

    “I do a tug of war between wanting to be alone and needing desperately to be around people”-

    I could have written this myself. People, for me, meant Hope on one hand, and Threat, on the other.

    Hope for “a sense of warmth and closeness” (your words), but I was scanning, looking for their faults, so to prepare myself for them hurting me, or just disappointing me.

    Please let me know if this resonates and we can talk, just two humans, as peers (I wouldn’t want to play therapist with you πŸ™‚).

    🌿 Anita

    in reply to: I just randomly and suddenly fell out of love #460566
    anita
    Participant

    Hey Dear Confused πŸ™‚

    Yes, I think it’s black and white thinking, like your therapist said.

    No one in the whole wide-wild world feels excited about another person (or about anything) all of the time.

    Even in the beginning- you weren’t excited about her when asleep (at least not when you weren’t dreaming about her, ha- ha), or when you were thinking about something else and momentarily forgett about her, etc. Just like anyone else.

    The difference is that you started checking and monitoring your feelings and thinking that normal is “weird” (the word you often used in regard to your feelings).

    The feeling of faking it- I remember feeling that same thing. It was dissociation in my case, like I left my body and was looking at myself and others from outside of me, disconnected.

    I’m glad to read that it’s not impossible or even difficult for you to no longer mention ex-es to her πŸ‘

    I hope that she gives CBT a try. It made a big difference in my life!

    Oh, she didn’t mean it like that. Well, she definitely expressed strong feelings for you.

    “It feels like my romantic ‘compass’ is broken, or something like that.”-

    I figure the something-like-that is not just the normal fluctuation of feelings but also the shutdowns/ emotional dissociation we talked about many times.

    🌿 Anita

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 7,098 total)